Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I've decided on an Innova.

I've decided on an Innova.

Yes I've finally made my decision on which brand of long arm I want. Innova it is! My goodness I've spent a long time in coming to that conclusion. But lots of self tests at many shows and also dealerships of various machines have been completed. There are so many to choose from and I know other brands are also very good machines.

I have signed up for "boot camp" in Salt Lake City at Quilts on the Corner, an Innova dealer, in October. It will be a 3 day class from 8:00 A.M to 5:00 P.M. The forth day will be from 9:00 A.M. until 5 P.M. Three days will be longarm training and the last day will be robotic training. I am so excited for this opportunity!

Most folks take the training after purchasing their machines and software. I am taking the training before purchase, cautious soul that I am; I want to be sure this is something I absolutely want. I may come away saying, "you know what, this isn't for me". I certainly hope that will not be the case. The money I've spent for the training will go towards my purchase.

I'm leaning towards Innova 26, 12 foot table, lightening stitch and one robotic or software. The robotics are expensive, the least expensive is Panovision a software package. That may be the one I start out with the others can be added later. The newest model, Innova M24, is plug in ready for all of the bells and whistles of robotics. I know this is a one time shot with me regarding the machine I choose, however, I have confidence in my ability to make wise choices and one that will serve me well in my years ahead.

Just had to share, you are my only quilting friends.
    Last edited by Rhonda Lee; 09-11-2019 at 06:37 PM.
    SEW MUCH FUN!

Power Poster
    Big decision - seems like you are going about it in a thoughtful, thorough manner.

Super Member quiltingshorttimer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    congrats, Rhonda! looks like you've done some smart research and are now ready to fine-tune your decision regarding robotics, etc. My bet is you will love long arm quilting--just not having to sandwich is well worth it to me! LOL! (although I seriously love being about to free motion and use rulers that I never could on the domestic machine)

Power Poster
    I have heard good things about the Innova machines and it sounds like you have done your research too.

I admire your process of taking the class 1st - that makes great sense to me. I'm far behind you in the quest for the right long arm - I'm still playing around on all the machines at each show. The Innova is a lovely machine and I hope you enjoy it!
    Christine
    In my dream world.... fabric is free and quilting makes you thin!

Congratulations on your decision. It must feel great to move forward with your goal. Best wishes!

I applaud you in your research, you've definitely done a pretty thorough job. If I ever replace my current set up, it will be to an Innova. Taking the classes is an excellent idea also, & Renae is an awesome teacher. I know you'll gain a lot of insight from her. Enjoy your journey into the world of longarming, it can be very rewarding!

Blog Entries
    how exciting for you Rhonda...I hear great reviews about Innovas. Having just purchased a long arm, I know how hard it is to make a final decision and the test drives and research involved. I'm sure you will be happy with your decision.
    attitude is everything...the rest will fall into place.

Congratulations! You are definitely going about it the right way and you will learn a lot from Renae! She is very knowledgeable and talented and you won't regret going to the boot camp. I think you will love your Innova.

I remember when I got my Innova. Wasn't even in the market for a new machine but once I test drove it, I was hooked. Only question was, do I want the LS or the regular stitch regulator. Was able to find 2 people near me that each had one or the other and allowed me to test drive their machine. Got the LS. Already had robotics (3rd party) so didn't go for their Autopilot. Have switched to a new robotic system.....IQ and I checked out all the videos before I made my decision on which robotic system to go with.............what it could do, how different it would be compared to what I'm used to, cost, customer service, etc. You did great with your research and you'll love your machine once you get it. There will still be some test driving it once you get it as each machine is a little different though the same brand. Enjoy yourself at the class and then when you get your machine. I'm sure you won't regret your decision. I quilt only for myself and have never thought I spent too much on what I call my "hobby".
    Suz in Iowa
    Designer EPIC, Brother XR3140
    Babylock Evolve, Innova 26" LS, MQR
    ProQ Designer, EQ7, Embird

Blog Entries
    It is a very hard decision you are making and one that will give you years of pleasure! I am happy for you. I think you going to boot camp first is a sound idea. Even though the boot camp may cost a great deal in the end it will be its worth in gold. Happy LA quilting!

Sounds like a well thought out plan! Wishing you a lot of fun on your new machine!!
    Alyce

Great news. I like to do my research as well ... drove my husband crazy when I was looking for a car. LOL. But things like that (and LA's) are a considerable investment. Smart to take the training before purchasing.

Iím sure the boot camp will solidify your decision. Spending that much time with the LA will make you feel muscles you didnít know you had. LOL. I admire your cautious, methodical, and practical process before making a costly purchase.

At least youíve narrowed it down to one model. Now to work with it intensively. I wish you peace whether you say yes or no to the LA.

You won’t be sorry! Best investment I ever made. Be sure to join the Innova Longarm FB group - lots of great ideas and help there, too!

Thank you so much everyone of you. Your support is wonderfully felt. This board is my lifeline to all my quilting needs, wants and desires. I appreciate all of you and your insights.
    SEW MUCH FUN!

Congratulations! I think your decision to take classes first is a wise one, but then again I may be biased since I've decided to do the same. I am taking an Innova certification class next week at an Innova sub dealer location. Plus a couple of classes at IQF next month. Then I'll decide which Innova I want to buy. Unless I am offered a really good deal before then. Leaving my options open. lol!

Congratulations! I am an Innova owner and have never regretted the purchase. I also have the 26" machine on a 12' table and I added Lightning Stitch a couple of years ago (it wasn't available when I made the original purchase).

Pantovision is not robotics. It provides a way for you to do edge to edge designs from the front of the machine by moving the machine so that a cursor on a screen traces out a pattern on the display. You must guide the machine however. Innova does offer two different robotics systems, at different price points, and you can also use some robotics from other suppliers. I don't have either Pantovision or robotics but I have thought long and hard about adding robotics. Unless you want to quilt for customers, my advice would be to delay adding any robotics until you've had a chance to use the machine without it.

Congratulations and hopefully you will decide to get the Innova after your training. I really learned a lot at my training and I was not new to longarm quilting. I have had my Innova machine (22" with LS on a 12' table) for 3 years and I love it more now than when I bought it. I do all hand guided work and it is very responsive and consistently makes a beautiful stitch. You will not be disappointed.

Congratulations on your new purchase. Seems like you did a lot of research and hope you enjoy your new toy very much.