Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I've never seen so much fabric in my whole life >

I've never seen so much fabric in my whole life

I've never seen so much fabric in my whole life

Old 02-27-2014, 10:21 AM

I have to buy fabric. After a shopping trip that added lot's and lot's of fabric to my stash I said no more for awhile. Then came the new Keepsake Quilting catalog with some of the most beautiful Spring fabric I just had to order. Then Nancy"s Notions came with beautiful bird fabric I just had to have. Then here came another Keepsake Quilting with beautiful bird and butterfly fabric and off went another order. Now it has started coming in I am setting here thinking it is to beautiful to cut into. I really have a problem.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:27 AM

Heck yes!!!! I have a HUGE fabric stash, and CLOSET FULL of shoes; and no one in my family ever comments on it. They know they'll eventually wind up with a quilt from my stash, or in the case of small feet, a pair of my "tired of" shoes.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:32 AM

Haha that reminds me of my sisters reaction when she saw me raiding the FQ section when I saw it was on sale this week at Hancock... "what are you planning to make with all of thoses?"...."I don't have a plan for it....YET"
Old 02-27-2014, 11:08 AM

Reminds me of that saying from the 70's -- different strokes for different folks. Personally, my husband doesn't mind going to quilt stores with me. He enjoys looking at the different items. Maybe because he's a musician and understands that these aren't just things, they are art. My DD crafty, and though she hasn't started quilting, she sews, and she loves going to quilt stores with me (mainly because she knows she can talk me into buying fabric for a quilt for her or one of her kids). My DS has my old Bernette sewing machine and uses it, and he and my DIL know that a gift certificate to an LQS is always the perfect present.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:14 AM

Ummmmm.... do you have to even think about it?? Lol Go for it!
Old 02-27-2014, 11:34 AM

I agree. How is buying a top any different, especially if her top either goes out of style or she never wears it. Since I can't wear polyester, I find fewer and fewer tops that I want to buy, even if I like the style vs. fabrics that I like.
Old 02-27-2014, 12:49 PM

Definitely get more fabric!

And I know what you mean about ordering fabric from MSQC - sometimes I think I do it just to get one of their great emails!
Old 02-27-2014, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
Sometimes I wish I had the money I've spent on fabric over the years though!!

I've never once thought this ... but I have thought "I wish I could have bought more fabric with that money!"
Old 02-27-2014, 12:59 PM
Power Poster

I agree - Heck yes. She actually had 30 shirts? There's no comparison at all, and when we're done with the fabric we will have made beautiful quilts.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:13 PM

I pray that my dear son in law continues to buy expensive 100% cotton dress shirts. He passes them to me when they are no longer being worn to work. Daughter gives me gift certs for my favorite shop. They tease me that IF they keep me in fabric, it keeps me out of trouble.