Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: I've opened a can of worms...

lucky you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That sounds great.

Blog Entries
    How special that this quilt you are making for DH is a joint effort. It will be beautiful and I love your ocean and diver theme. Hope you share a pic when it's done :)

The 2 of you must have so much fun picking out fabric together!

But why would you leave him home? Don't you want more fabric? LOL

Blog Entries
    if husbands fill up the cart at joanne's, and they are buying, i will have to start taking mine.......

Blog Entries
    Consider yourself one lucky lady to have such a great man. I predict that he'll be giving quilting a try in the near future.

Wait, what??? You gonna leave him HOME 'cause he filled up your cart with fabric?? Are you NUTS girl??!

This is a wonderful story of how you and your DH have joined forces in your quilting. It is wonderful that you have such a devoted and talented DH. God bless both of you. Jeanniebelle

That is special. You are creating a wonderful memory. Isn't
    great when husbands support and encourage you? Mine is great too!

Blog Entries
    Just like my husband, that man is a keeper!!

My DH is also great. We're blessed. My first project will be a simple lap quilt made from charms. DH went and bought me a suction cup item from Harbor F. you all had talked about and bought the charms on his own. I'm unable to go shopping some days. DH is being so supportive that I'm falling in love with him all over again. If only I could teach him how to dust and cook. Ha..QL

You have no idea how blessed you are! My husband seems to resent every minute I spend quilting. I feel like I have to justify the time, often. Set myself goals of "other" things I must do before I "deserve" to get back to my sewing room!

Aw, I LOVE it! Next thing you know though, you will have to wait in line for your sewing machine....lol. My DH helps me make templates and cut out the fabric when I am using templates. I broke every bone in my right hand years ago and cutting is difficult. I usually use the rotary or the accu Go, but I recently make the Circle of Hope quilt and he was a huge help with that. Aren't they wonderful??? We are so fortunate to have special guys.
    Michelle G. in El Paso

togather time and getting fabric to .awesome he must be a sweetheart.

I'm a "private" quilter. I don't go hunting with him - and he doesn't go fabric shopping with me. He is great about waiting in the car while I shop though. We have a very small (but very nice) quilt shop in the town where I work (15 miles from home), and the nearest large shop is 90 miles away.

Hey, I hope you post a picture of it, when finished. It may be something I could make for my DH. He is a past surfer from CA and loves all that stuff! Happy quilting!

that is so neat, enjoy your time :)

Please send me the pattern that you are doing including the drawings. I have a plan to make a bunch of quilts for the main part of my house where underwater (salt) and the beach are the theme. I am also a scuba diver. When I got certified to dive just before my 40th birthday to join my 2 older kids who were certified, He said I was "certifible "as in crazy. But I love it. I always go to the beach for vacations and am thinking of the beach area as a retirement area. So I love all water things so please send me the pattern so I can get started before retirement to have the house that I dream of...that is after all the kids move out. lol

I'm kinda new to this site -- about a month -- and I'm still trying to figure out some of the abbreviations. DH - what's the D for......darling?.........damn?.......dumb?..... dense?....
    please educate me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bamamama
    I posted the other day that my DH came up and helped out while I was piecing a top. Yesterday I wanted to go to Hancocks and the new JoAnns to take advatage of their 50% off sale for president's day. I asked DH if he wanted to go with me and he said yes. I'm starting a quilt for him so we picked out some beautiful stuff. He kept filling up the cart!!!!! I'd better leave him at home next time.

The quilt we are making is an underwater scene with corals, grasses, tropical fish, sea turtles and a big shark looming behind the grasses and a scuba diver going for a big shark tooth on the sandy bottom. DH is a diver and collects sharks teeth.

He was up until late drawing the shark and corals for me to use as patterns.

I love that man, the time we're spending together on this project is so special.
    I have tried luring mine in, but he never takes the bait! Almost had him once but he recognized the trap and backed out of the rooom. LOL

Gotta love him! My DH and I are former scuba divers, and I still want to dive tho he hasn't been able to for a few years. When I started quilting, he helped me select, and then he assembled a great sewing machine cabinet and a couple of cabinets for books and fabric. He went into one of our LQS's once, and now every time I go he's right there with me. He just hung a Ruth MacDowell 'Water Lilies' wall hanging that I labored over, ignored on my design wall, and finally finished. He had selected the pattern, not realizing it was beyond my capability when I started it! Please do post pics of your latest WIP and finished project. Can't wait to see it and dream of being underwater!

Wow if that works for you that's great. Personally I don't want my DH helping me with my projects. In fact I don't even like him coming into my quilt room. He tends to take over and is such a perfectionist I just know he would be better at my craft than I am. lol

If I see a pattern that I really like and I don't want to spend the $$ (sorry) to buy it, my husband gets on the computer and tries to break it down and draws a picture of it for me. Isn't that love!

I love that for you, I got a happy laugh out of that!!!! Now I want my husband to get a kick out of shopping for fabric, yes you have opened a can of worms!!!!

Blog Entries
    Sounds like a lot of fun!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast