Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Jackqueline de Jonge Pattern >

Jackqueline de Jonge Pattern

Jackqueline de Jonge Pattern

Old 11-21-2018, 06:22 AM

Yettaloyd, set-in seams are not as hard as you think. I'm working on a pattern by one of our own members here....Dunster and its basically set-in seams. Just added the sashing around the entire hexagon quilt and now trying to mark for my corner sections. Even with a 4 x 8 cutting table its still not large enough to mark for a 1/4 of the quilt but I'm muddling thru it.
Old 11-21-2018, 06:44 AM

just gorgeous...i learned too not to get too far ahead...do number one first then follow with two....not all thirty at one time. these quilts are super gorgeous
Old 11-21-2018, 07:30 AM

I have waded through a couple of them and it is well worth it. It has been a couple of years since I did the last one, but the one thing I know for sure is that I did not cut everything out before starting. I was glad that I didn't as there were a couple of places that I had to tweek a bit to get all to fit. I know I have posted them in the past, and you may be able to do a search for her patterns and find them.
Old 11-21-2018, 10:35 AM

Her quilts are beautiful. Our Guild had her to speak and give two days of classes recently. The best advice I can give is to go slow, very slow. Make certain you understand what you are doing before you dig in and go on to the next step. There was even a support group started to help those in the class that didn't understand the next step. For me the absolutely essential thing was to create the color key in your own fabrics by gluing a little piece next to the color legend in the kit.
Old 11-21-2018, 07:23 PM

Oh! your quilt is stunning. I admire your skill so much.
Old 11-22-2018, 04:12 AM

We grow most in the things that challenge us. We conquer difficult things one step at a time. There is lots of good advice given above-all of it expressing personal experience. I am sure you can do this project. I know organization of fabrics and instructions is important to me. I personally use a lot of plastic bags and write lots of notes. I really like complex things-one step at a time! Keep us posted.
Old 11-22-2018, 05:37 AM
Power Poster

I just finished a Judy Niemeyer workshop. Sounds like your pattern is a lot like her method. I did it the way the instructor wanted us to in the workshop but once home I did it the regular paper piecing way (Carol Doak) and didn't cut the pieces using the pattern papers. I even tried the strip paper piecing way by Peggy Martin and that worked too. The end result is the same so use the pp method that is easier for you.