Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Jan 2011 Fab Shop Hop

Found all the quilt squares in 76 hits can you beat that? Hope you can.

np3
    Blog Entries
    Great job! I haven't started yet.

I found them in 45. Are you planning on making the quilt?

I pretty sure I am. Have to save the blocks to my computer and remember to get the instructions in February.

Quote Originally Posted by no1jan
    I found them in 45. Are you planning on making the quilt?

I pretty sure I am. Have to save the blocks to my computer and remember to get the instructions in February.
    G R E A T J O B !

Wonder if our city has these? Hmmm, must ask some local quilters when i meet them for lunch this Thursday.. sounds like fun !

Yes, found them all on Saturday. Didn't want to brag. Someone got upset the last time I found them all in one day. Really!

Quote Originally Posted by nwm50
    Wonder if our city has these? Hmmm, must ask some local quilters when i meet them for lunch this Thursday.. sounds like fun !
    It's on the Internet! Go to

http://www.fabshophop.com

Quote Originally Posted by catrancher
    Yes, found them all on Saturday. Didn't want to brag. Someone got upset the last time I found them all in one day. Really!
    That's ridiculous! I am very proud of you! Does it really matter if it takes an hour or 31 days? You get the same results.

I wasn't actually bragging. Didn't even think about it. I am definitely not a competitive person.

Blog Entries
    Really? I found them all already too!!! ;)

That's ridiculous! I am very proud of you! Does it really matter if it takes an hour or 31 days? You get the same results.

I wasn't actually bragging. Didn't even think about it. I am definitely not a competitive person.
    Oh, I know you weren't bragging. I just thought my previous experience was funny. It seemed easier this time, for some reason. Maybe I'm just more patient.

Did you look for the "not available" ones?

I can't find the one at Lillies, LoneStar Quilting....but it looks like some of the "not available" ones have now become available! Gonna have hop to find those! Have 9 left to find....and found some great shops in the progress!

eta: Actually I have found Lillies multiple times, but it is not crediting my list...not sure what is up with that!

Quote Originally Posted by luvspaper

I can't find the one at Lillies, LoneStar Quilting....but it looks like some of the "not available" ones have now become available! Gonna have hop to find those! Have 9 left to find....and found some great shops in the progress!

eta: Actually I have found Lillies multiple times, but it is not crediting my list...not sure what is up with that!
    I'm having the same problem you are and some of the shops are coming up page not found for me too. :(

Just ignore them I did, Proud of you for finding them in 1 day. That is really GREAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Dingle
    Quote Originally Posted by luvspaper

I'm having the same problem you are and some of the shops are coming up page not found for me too. :(
    If this keeps happening, you might want to contact the shop hop folks. This happened to me last time. I was down to the last block and kept finding the same one over and over again. I got frusated and contacted them about it. It turned out to be the famous glitch--just hate those glitches! Anyway they fixed it and sent me the block I was missing. Also, contact the shops if you can't find the bunny, or if the clue doesn't work or make sense. Sometimes they don't remember to update their websites. I've done that a few times, and people are always very helpful. A few have thanked me for the heads up.

I've found four so far but haven't spent much time looking yet - only 28 shops so far.

Cheers, K

Blog Entries
    I've been hopping also. Found all of the blocks and searched further to get my quoto in to qualify for the grand prize. Some sites I've searched and sesarched, but couldn't find the bunny. It's a good thing you don't have to find EVERY last one!

I also found all the blocks in one day. I like to do it quickly so I don't forget to get all the blocks for the quilt. I won a $10.00 gift certificate in the Oct Shop Hop to Today's Quilting. Was just notified today. Now what to buy!!!! LuAnn

I found all mine Sat but I went thru 50 shops before I found any. When I found the last one, the house with red door it downloaded the squatty tree & I already had it. I contacted the SH people & they said to go to shops visited & it will show all your hits & I was able to download the correct one. This time has been real bad, so many not avaiable & some you can go thru every page & still not find the bunny. Some don't even show the bunny to let you know they are doing it. I found several by just clues.

I'm at 8 blocks now having visited 47 shops - so around six shops/block.

I learned in the last hop, when there is no obvious clue to try online store, newsletter, fabric or what's new - and generally have been able to find them.

Cheers, K

Quote Originally Posted by plainjane
    I've been hopping also. Found all of the blocks and searched further to get my quoto in to qualify for the grand prize. Some sites I've searched and sesarched, but couldn't find the bunny. It's a good thing you don't have to find EVERY last one!
    I have difficulty reading because of my eyesight. What is the grand prize and how do you qualify for it. The rules are just too long when you can only see 3 letters at a time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by plainjane
    I have difficulty reading because of my eyesight. What is the grand prize and how do you qualify for it. The rules are just too long when you can only see 3 letters at a time.
    Grand Prize-you must visit 130 of the participating shops-win Art Gallery Fabric-50 (1 yd cuts), and, AccuQuilt and Hoffman Fabrics 50 (1 yd cuts)

Anyone visiting 98 of particpating shops will be eligible for the First Prize drawing-

Anyone visiting 65 of particpating shops will be eligible for a Second Prize drawing

I couldn't find the First Prize and Second Prize items you could win.

Thank you plainjane.

Found 'em all in 33. :) I doubt I'll make it though -- not my style. I'm in this to find great online shops, and hopefully win something cool! haha