Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome 15000 -iPAD connectivity!!!  Wow! >

Janome 15000 -iPAD connectivity!!! Wow!

Janome 15000 -iPAD connectivity!!! Wow!

Old 08-27-2013, 08:56 AM

Janome is getting a little bit much with the release of machines lately. I have the 11000SE and the 7700 and am perfectly happy with both and have no intentions of spending upwards of $12,000 for the new 15000. That's ridiculous in today's economy.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:59 AM

I have 5D Pro but Viking includes an organizier with thier machines which does a lot. In the organizier it has a thread manager, I enter all of my threads by company and the thread #(color) and then when I pull up a design in either the pro or the organizer, I click on color tone and then tell it if I want it to pull the colors from a company different than the one the creator of the design calls for, normally instead of chosing one company since I have threads from different companies I tell it to pull the colors from "My Threads" and it will choose the colors the closet to the orginal ones the creator of the design chose. It sure makes my life a whole lot easier because as we all know, different monitors and even different thread companines don't always show the thread as they appear. This takes the guess work out of it for me, I look at the color changes and it tells me the color, the brand and the thread #. This also acts like a shopping list because I can print out "My Threads" and it tells me what I have on hand so that I don't buy duplicates by accident.

The new Royal sounds great so far from what Viking has shown,which isn't much. They are releasing small bits of infor on it at a time. I've gotten two new (slightly used) machines in the past two yrs and they were great deals but as much as I might want one with the latest bells and whistles, I'll wait. I still have so much to learn on my machine and software before I look at learning a whole new one; plus the cost is a big factor too.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 View Post
Hi Diane....good to see your smiling face on QB! My new 8200 actually has an automatic setting for 1/4 inch which also adjusts the stitch length. No embrodiery though. Have you mentioned your frustrations to Bill?
Hey Esther, I did mention to Bill and he did not have an answer. Bonnie also moves the needle as far right as it will go. It is a mystery, I guess. Peggy Laury uses a tool to find a scant an then uses mole skin on the machine to sew the perfect scant 1/4 inch. We all have the 12000!
Old 08-28-2013, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
I have 5D Pro but Viking includes an organizier with thier machines which does a lot. In the organizier it has a thread manager, I enter all of my threads by company and the thread #(color) and then when I pull up a design in either the pro or the organizer, I click on color tone and then tell it if I want it to pull the colors from a company different than the one the creator of the design calls for, normally instead of chosing one company since I have threads from different companies I tell it to pull the colors from "My Threads" and it will choose the colors the closet to the orginal ones the creator of the design chose. It sure makes my life a whole lot easier because as we all know, different monitors and even different thread companines don't always show the thread as they appear. This takes the guess work out of it for me, I look at the color changes and it tells me the color, the brand and the thread #. This also acts like a shopping list because I can print out "My Threads" and it tells me what I have on hand so that I don't buy duplicates by accident.

The new Royal sounds great so far from what Viking has shown,which isn't much. They are releasing small bits of infor on it at a time. I've gotten two new (slightly used) machines in the past two yrs and they were great deals but as much as I might want one with the latest bells and whistles, I'll wait. I still have so much to learn on my machine and software before I look at learning a whole new one; plus the cost is a big factor too.
Thanks for all the info. I just wish I knew all the threads available. I have Digitizer, Jr. from Janome and there are a bunch of threads listed there and colors. I have been trying to figure out how to work the conversion chart, etc. May just have to write my own program (yeah, right!!)..... I have a number of spools of Janome thread which I purchased this year right after I got my machine, only to learn Janome is going out of the thread business!! Oh well, back to the drawing board.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:03 AM

Hello everyone! Since I am at Janome Institute I thought I would let you know that the new Horizon 15000 is an exciting addition for Janome! The IPad is so that you can take it and go off to other parts of your house, yard, etc (as long as you have wi-fi connectivity) you can see where your machine is! If you need to change the thread, the bobbin or whatever else needs to be done!! When the Horizon is released, an IPad is in the works to be given with the machine!! Don't quote me, but that is the scoop from the show! It is so exciting here with all the new stuff they are doing! Wish all of you could see the Horizon 15000, it so much easier to use than its predecessor! Watch for it in Oct!
Old 09-17-2013, 04:13 PM

it is an app and once you have the designs on the I pad you can work with them and change them and do all the things you do on the computer then when you get home you can transfer them to the machine and sew out the design. the app for watching the machine while operating is so if you have a color change or a thread break you can see it coming up. It really is much easier to use, a lot more intuitive. From what I read you can plan out the whole quilt or just a block
Old 10-27-2013, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Misty's Mom View Post
I use the 1/4" acufeed foot, move the needle to the right til it's where I want it. No update at my house either. Do you really need 200,000 stitches per minute? I don't.
It isnt going to have a speed of 200000 per minute. That is the new upper limit of stitches in an embroidery design. That will mean no more splitting for some of those large designs. I for one, loved to see it working. It is so quiet and smooth. I have the 12000 and honestly wish I hadn't upgraded from my beloved 11000. After much consideration I am trading up to the new machine. I miss the needle threader and wireless connectivity is something I really wanted. The larger screen is much easier on my eyes. I also appreciate the much faster processor and better file system. Janome filled my wishlist items and I sure hope I bond better with this machine than the last one. If I don't, I won't be buying another new machine and I will sew on my vintage Singers and my little Janome and forget about top of the line machines.

Last edited by LyndaK; 10-27-2013 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:37 PM

I've been reading about the Janome 15000...can someone tell me what the actual price is???
Old 11-15-2013, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
I don't understand the purpose of them connecting though. You can't install software on a tablet so I don't see what all benefits it would hold. Even if there was an app, the limitations would be great I'd assume. I don't even connect my pc to my machine. I put all of my designs onto an USB and then take them to my machine. I will set up my laptop by my machine especially when I'm doing color changes and not using the same threads as the orginal design calls for. My software allows me to tell it or the machine to pull all colors from my inventory that I have on hand no matter what company that makes it. I would really love to see how the Ipad works with it and what purpose it serves.
If I want to change colors, I just pull the color I want off the wall, and when that number comes up, I just put it on the machine--don't worry about the computer. I'm not sure why that is necessary either. I have my computer in one room and my 12000 in another. I use a flash drive to transport the designs from my computer to the 12000.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by germanquilter View Post
Just curious: what would be a "fantastic price" for the Janome 12000?? I have never looked at that machine since I have a Janome 6600P and a Janome 350e embroidery machine....however, I am planning on going to the Houston show in 2014 and would keep a look-out for good deals then
I paid just over $3,300 for mine, (12000) second hand. I thought it was great since the plastic was still on the LCD screen. So, no warranty. I had to send it back for a fix with a short--just under $100. I am VERY VERY pleased with mine. But the 15000 is a lot of money--.