Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
janome 219s keeps getting jammed >

janome 219s keeps getting jammed

janome 219s keeps getting jammed

Old 05-27-2020, 09:35 AM

Yeah it all seems like it's going through the tension discs ok. Ok I'm stumped lol. I also got my mums sewing machine wrong, after asking my dad by email, she had a frister rossman 66, I just knew it was big and beige lol but I could sew on this one and got done what I needed to x
Old 05-27-2020, 09:37 AM

Yeah I'm lowering the presser foot before sewing. I brought it new from amazon, or as far as I know its new x
Old 05-27-2020, 09:40 AM

And it's making big loops and nests on the bottom of the fabric you're trying to sew?
Old 05-27-2020, 09:46 AM

Yeah when it isn't jamming up it goes but then the stitching on back is loose. I have tried toying with tension dial on bobbin and machine ect but it didn't seem to make much difference. X
Old 05-27-2020, 09:48 AM

I still think it's threaded incorrectly. Does the machine have a drop-in bobbin, or a bobbin case?
Old 05-27-2020, 09:58 AM

It's a bobbin case x
Old 05-27-2020, 10:11 AM

Ok let's go through everything together.
On *most* sewing machines, when you load the bobbin in the case, the thread should be coming off the bobbin going clockwise over the top of the bobbin. There is a little lever on the bobbin case that you hold open when inserting into the machine.

Completely unthread the machine and re-thread it. I don't say to do this because you're new to sewing, I say it because incorrect threading happens to everybody, no matter how experienced you are, and it's the easiest fix and is always the first thing I check when I have tension issues.

Make sure the path the thread takes is not impeded in any way. My top thread has a tendency to catch on a corner of the handle on the top of my machine, so I'm aware to check that if my tension is off.

Last edited by Peckish; 05-27-2020 at 10:15 AM.
Old 05-27-2020, 10:18 AM

To check for correct tension on your bobbin case: insert the bobbin into the case as if you were going to put it in the machine, and pull steadily on the thread. The bobbin case should stand up on its edge but not leave your hand, and the thread should move easily. If you can pick the entire assembly up just by pulling on the thread, the bobbin tension is too tight. If the case doesn't move at all, its too loose.
Old 05-27-2020, 10:18 AM

That's ok peckish I appreciate the help, even if it's something silly I'm doing wrong, I need to find out, it's just frustrating because I don't know what the problem is, if it's me or the machine! I do make sure the bobbin is going clockwise as I had done that wrong once before lol. X
Old 05-27-2020, 10:27 AM

I remember looking the bobbin tension up, I think it's just like you explained there, that it should move a bit but not all the way, I think it's at the right tension if thats the case, I've just tried it again and it's not tightly wound or too loose x