Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
janome 219s keeps getting jammed >

janome 219s keeps getting jammed

janome 219s keeps getting jammed

Old 05-27-2020, 10:33 AM

Ok. So where is the upper tension set at right now?
Old 05-27-2020, 11:30 AM

its on a 3 at the minute but it doesn't seem to make much difference? x
Old 05-27-2020, 11:47 AM

It will make a big difference once you get it set up properly. If you're still getting loops on the bottom, and you've re-threaded both the top thread and the bobbin thread, then tighten the top tension by turning it to 4.
Old 05-27-2020, 11:53 AM

Make sure you're loading the bobbin correctly. With some machines, you just drop the bobbin in. With others, you need to drop it in then take the tail and hook it under another piece before letting go of it to draw it up to top of bed.
Old 05-27-2020, 03:35 PM
Gay

Is the thread catching on the spool, or knotting up somewhere along the path? Try turning the spool up so the thread comes off in the opposite clockwise direction. Even changing thread brand might help - some machines are fussy.
Old 05-27-2020, 04:17 PM

hi peckish sorry kids home and im rushed off my feet lol i will give this a try tomorrow and fingers crossed, if i don't hear from you again just wanted to say thank you for your help as with everyones comments on here too x
Old 05-27-2020, 04:28 PM

hi ruthiesretreat3 and gay, im glad you said that, i had no idea you had to hook it under another piece on some machines, i dont remember reading it in the manual but i will double check tomorrow, i did wonder if it was getting stuck on something myself as it all knots itself up under the feed dogs but i dont really know the mechanics of the machine, my dad is usually good with things like that but he cant visit at mo :-( x
Old 05-31-2020, 12:40 PM

hi guys just wanted to let you know i ordered another machine and it works fine, i've been sewing on it constantly for the last two days lol, the only time it jammed up was when i forgot to put the presser foot down so that was my fault. it definitely was a fault on the other machine as i had tried everything with it. thankyou to you all for your help anyway. i can carry on with what i started, as well as sewing other bits and pieces i made my dog a collar x
Attached Thumbnails 20200531_134631_clipped_rev_1.jpeg