Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome Bobbins >

Janome Bobbins

Janome Bobbins

Old 12-01-2010, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Beebee
scowlkat....thanks so much I am off to Joann's tomorrow to
see if they sell them for the Janome
Janome bobbins for Janome machines....buy from the dealer where you bought the machine....others may look okay, but as previously mentioned, there IS a difference.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:53 PM

I have a Janome and was having the same problem just today! I called the shop I bought the machine in and the owner told me that occasionally putting a drop of oil in the outside rim of the bobbin casing (the inset one, not the drop in black bobbin casing) helps. I only use Janome bobbins but sometimes using Coats & Clarks thread also makes it a little noisy and causes missed stitches.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:59 PM

I have the same problem with my Janome QC.Took it to a dealer and he found a small nick in the case,filed it and it worked fine for a month and then it started again with the top thread getting caught by the jiggly bobbin.I took it apart and cleaned it and started sewing slower and it has not happened in a couple weeks.I am so frustrated.I will go buy some more bobbins and try that.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:17 AM

Janomes tend to be finiky machines, but I wouldn't trade my 6600 for all the tea in China. You need Janome bobbins for these machines. I too, have accidently put a Brother bobbin in and the 6600 was not happy. A reputable Janome dealer should have told you this and offer you a bulk buy on the proper bobbins...mine did for me.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:23 AM

my friend wore out her bobbin racer/holder by using NON janome bobbins..in her New Home Janome.
And yes, i am sure that others have had no problem using bobbins from joanns..but why risk it.

spend a little money, and get the prewound package of 12 for around 9 bucks from the dealer..use them up, and then you will have the bobbins to fill yourself.
and you will love treating yourself to the prewounds!
Old 12-02-2010, 03:14 AM
Administrator

i have been using generic class 15 bobbins - including prewounds - from a few different online sources for years. i have experienced absolutely no difference in performance between those and the ones that were included with my machines when i bought them.

the generics prewounds cost approximately the same as empty Janome brand. they have "MILES" more thread on them, too. to add to my savings, i buy only those that are reusable. i now have enough bobbins to last about 3 lifetimes. :lol:

for those in the market i recommend these prewounds:

http://www.terradonembroidery.com/clear_quilt_15.htm
Old 12-02-2010, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
i have been using generic class 15 bobbins - including prewounds - from a few different online sources for years. i have experienced absolutely no difference in performance between those and the ones that were included with my machines when i bought them.

the generics prewounds cost approximately the same as empty Janome brand. they have "MILES" more thread on them, too. to add to my savings, i buy only those that are reusable. i now have enough bobbins to last about 3 lifetimes. :lol:

for those in the market i recommend these prewounds:

http://www.terradonembroidery.com/clear_quilt_15.htm
Do you have a Janome?
Old 12-02-2010, 09:33 AM

Ebay has a nice selection of Janome bobbins, I get them 100 at a time for under 20 bucks.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:54 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by cbridges22
Originally Posted by PatriceJ
Do you have a Janome?
oops! i should have made that clear.

yes. i'm fortunate enough to own two high-end Janome machines. they're a couple of snobs in some ways. for example, they don't "like" generic feet. they will tolerate them, but work best with the genuine Janome brand.

nevertheless, they work and play nicely with the generic bobbins. :-)
Old 12-04-2010, 06:01 AM

I also had problems with the bobbins. My Janome can only use Janome bobbins. Other bobbins may look identical but they aren't.