Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome Bobbins >

Janome Bobbins

Janome Bobbins

Old 12-04-2010, 06:19 AM

Yes I have a Janome 360 QDC and I love it. When I bought the machine I went to the display my dealer had and got extra items such as a walking foot and also a pkg. of bobbins. I don't know if they were Janome, but what else would he sell,
Perhaps that IS my problem.,.Lets hope Iam off to a dealer close to home today. Since I just got it in August, I am still under warranty.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:22 AM

Yes, I do have a Janome. I am just hoping it is the bobbin. I certainly could not afford to buy a bobbin case so often. I am a little disappointed though.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
i have been using generic class 15 bobbins - including prewounds - from a few different online sources for years. i have experienced absolutely no difference in performance between those and the ones that were included with my machines when i bought them.

the generics prewounds cost approximately the same as empty Janome brand. they have "MILES" more thread on them, too. to add to my savings, i buy only those that are reusable. i now have enough bobbins to last about 3 lifetimes. :lol:

for those in the market i recommend these prewounds:

http://www.terradonembroidery.com/clear_quilt_15.htm
Thanks I just ordered some.I really did not know there was any difference between one bobbin to another.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:25 AM

i know the bobbins look alike..but if you close your eyes and feel them, you will feel a difference..
my janomes will only work properly with the janome bobbins..
i gave all my other ones away at quilt group, because,like patriceJ, some can use them..
Old 12-04-2010, 06:50 AM

They do all look the same but I tried using some of my Singer bobbins in my Janome and the noise was terrible so I switched and it stopped. There has to be some small difference that we just don't see.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Jamiestitcher62
Ebay has a nice selection of Janome bobbins, I get them 100 at a time for under 20 bucks.
This is a great deal, especially when working with lots of different colors of fabric.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:10 AM

The owner's manual on my new Janome Horizon advises not to use the pre-wound bobbins.
Originally Posted by watterstide
my friend wore out her bobbin racer/holder by using NON janome bobbins..in her New Home Janome.
And yes, i am sure that others have had no problem using bobbins from joanns..but why risk it.

spend a little money, and get the prewound package of 12 for around 9 bucks from the dealer..use them up, and then you will have the bobbins to fill yourself.
and you will love treating yourself to the prewounds!
Old 12-04-2010, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
Originally Posted by Jamiestitcher62
Ebay has a nice selection of Janome bobbins, I get them 100 at a time for under 20 bucks.
This is a great deal, especially when working with lots of different colors of fabric.
Yea, I do work with lots of colors especially when FMQ. For piecing though I always use light gray.

I would never use pre-wound bobbins as someone suggested because they only come in white and black thread. Plus paying 9 bucks for 12 bobbins is ridiculous when you can get Janome bobbins on ebay.

Also does anyone use those little teflon washers in their bobbin cases? It makes mine go smoother whether I am FMQ or not. I leave it in all the time.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by auntmag
The owner's manual on my new Janome Horizon advises not to use the pre-wound bobbins.
I wonder why that is? strange. t
hey are sold and ok to use in my 6600 and my platinum. never had an issue with the prewounds.

i have never used the washers either, i assumed they were for side loaders..