Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome CD >

Janome CD

Janome CD

Old 05-02-2021, 02:08 PM

Smile Janome CD

Does anyone know if Janome allows owner of CD's to sell to another person? This CD is 26 years old and no longer available. Thanks
Karen
Old 05-02-2021, 03:45 PM
Gay

I don't see why you couldn't, used CDs are sold to another all the time. What is the name or number? I have a few.
Old 05-02-2021, 04:10 PM

It just says Janome Redwork Embroidery
Old 05-03-2021, 05:44 AM

I am unsure....but at one time, I heard you could if you did not keep any copies of the designs that is on the disc. Really not sure however. Another consideration is if you can even get the designs off. I have some Cactus Punch designs from around 2000 and I can not get the designs off because an "installer" program was placed on the discs and it does not run on Windows 10. And no, I can't even see the files on my computer to just be able to copy to a USB and stick in my sewing machines. Some other CD's from that era, I have been able to pull the designs off.
Old 05-03-2021, 06:03 AM

I have no designs on computer and never used the disc. So there isn't anything to get off
Old 05-03-2021, 06:08 AM

You can sell most anything, as long as it's an original, and not a copy. So if you have an old Mac Davis CD, you can sell it. There are exceptions, of course. Sometimes, you are buying a "license to use" rather the disk itself. You can't sell Quickbooks disks, for example.
bkay