Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome Dealer Going Out of Business >

Janome Dealer Going Out of Business

Janome Dealer Going Out of Business

Old 02-11-2012, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by ncredbird View Post
My biggest question would be if he is going out of business and the other business that is supposed to doesn't start up how far do I have to go to get this machine serviced and or classes? I purchased a Janome 7700 from a local dealer that had been in business for 12 years and two weeks after I purchased they went out of business. Retired and left the state. Thankfully, I never had any problems with it. The new dealer was another 45 miles past where they used to have their business. When we left NC I had a Viking. There was no dealer close for it either. Now that we have moved to TN it is even farther for it. Can't afford a Bernina which is the only dealer left in the area. Ann in TN
I feel your pain! I bought a Janome 6500P in TN and a few months later the owners sold out and went to Ohio.
If your close to Ashville, NC there is a Viking dealer there. There is a Janome dealer in Kingsport, TN but I have not been able to locate the store.
I have been blessed and not had any problems with my machine
Old 02-12-2012, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Morag View Post
I feel your pain! I bought a Janome 6500P in TN and a few months later the owners sold out and went to Ohio.
If your close to Ashville, NC there is a Viking dealer there. There is a Janome dealer in Kingsport, TN but I have not been able to locate the store.
I have been blessed and not had any problems with my machine
We purchased from the same Janome dealer.
The Viking dealer in Asheville doesn't service the computerized Viking machines or so I was told. When we lived in Hendersonville, NC outside of Asheville I would take my Viking to Greenville, SC for service. They are excellent but a little bit far from here.
The Janome dealer in Kingsport is Heavenly Stitches Quilt Shoppe! I have driven by there but haven't been in yet.