Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome Memory Craft 6600 problem! >

Janome Memory Craft 6600 problem!

Janome Memory Craft 6600 problem!

Old 11-09-2014, 07:28 PM

Default Janome Memory Craft 6600 problem!

I'm having problems with my machine, when I free motion quilt it seems to be loosening a connection in the machine and it keeps beeping even when I'm sewing. Sometimes the buttons don't even work (thread cutter, needle down etc). When I turn it off overnight it seems to be ok again. The dealer can't find anything wrong! Anyone else had this problem? Could it be the circuit board?
Old 11-09-2014, 07:44 PM

I wonder if it is getting hot?
Old 11-09-2014, 11:59 PM

Not had that issue myself...have you enquired on the janome forum as they may be able to help?http://content.janome.com/fusetalk/forum/
Old 11-10-2014, 05:04 AM

I haven't had that problem FMQing with the 6600. I did have the thread break all the time and get all kinds of bird nest on the back. I don't have that problem with the 8900. I hope the Janome Forum is able to help you.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:28 AM

Is it giving you any errors on the screen? Has the dealer actually seen it when it was doing this, or only when it's working properly?

I haven't heard of this problem; I have the 6600 too but mine's only a couple years old. I hope you can find the solution!
Old 11-10-2014, 12:56 PM

So sorry to hear that you are having that problem. I truly think you need to take your machine to a different place. Also, try calling the Janome manufacturer. I have had my 6600 for 9 years, and haven't ever had that problem. It sounds like a short somewhere. It is such a wonderful machine. It is sad to hear of your problem. I hope you find someone who can check on the wiring, etc.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:47 PM

I am having problems with my Janome MC 6600P with the needle threader. Do they wear out? I watched a YouTube and saw the way it works but mine is not grabbing the thread anymore. No damage has been done it is used a lot since the summer of 2012 may have something to do with it.. Another issue is it is to do miracles with the Accu Foot a built in walking foot doing from slippery, sheer, heavy fabrics. My problem is with the knits and sheer fabrics. When I start it jams down in the needle hole of the needle plate. Anyone have any suggestions as to how to stop this anoying habit? It will bunch up so bad sometimes before I realize it that I have to cut the jammed threads and hope I salvage the edge of the fabric. Lots of time I am not able and it is a chewed up mess. I use a Schmetz and now looking at the Janome site it says to use Janome needles. Is that necessary? Thanks for any suggestions. I appreciate it.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:47 AM

I have been considering a Janome 6600P so I'll be watching this with interest.
Old 02-01-2019, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by AlamoAA View Post
I am having problems with my Janome MC 6600P with the needle threader. Do they wear out?
May have thread or fuzz stuck in the mechanism. I get an error when that happens it it won't sew at all

Another issue is it is to do miracles with the Accu Foot a built in walking foot doing from slippery, sheer, heavy fabrics. My problem is with the knits and sheer fabrics. When I start it jams down in the needle hole of the needle plate.

Hold the top and bottom thread when you are starting. Old school advice in every manual Alternatively start every new seam with a little pad of scrap fabric, or look into Leaders and Enders

I use a Schmetz and now looking at the Janome site it says to use Janome needles. Is that necessary? Thanks for any suggestions. I appreciate it.
I've used Janome (New Home in the old days) and they sew perfectly with every brand available. It is the nature of business to promote their own products.
the 6500 and 6600 machines are wonderful!
Old 02-01-2019, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by Mummfan View Post
I'm having problems with my machine, when I free motion quilt it seems to be loosening a connection in the machine and it keeps beeping even when I'm sewing. Sometimes the buttons don't even work (thread cutter, needle down etc). When I turn it off overnight it seems to be ok again. The dealer can't find anything wrong! Anyone else had this problem? Could it be the circuit board?
welcome to the board! Occasionally the foot pedal will wear out, perhaps start with idea?
The circuit board or motherboard could certainly be the problem, but that is something easily checked by the tech.