Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome sewing machines >

Janome sewing machines

Janome sewing machines

Old 12-11-2012, 05:45 AM

I love Janome...my first machine was a Kenmore, about 6 years old now. It was made by Janome and and is a great machine.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:51 AM

I bought a Janome HD-3000 this fall and I love the machine. It had the weight to hold itself steady when sewing, the cost was so much less than I expected with a Janome name, It sews so well, has about 18 different stitches, I really love the machine. I bought it on Amazon at a nicely discounted price and I am so glad that I did. I would highly recommend it.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:09 AM
Power Poster

I love my Janome. Have had it for a long time. They are well made.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:22 AM

I have a Janome 1600P....I love it, I put it on my quilting frame and to free motion quilting with it, I have a stitch regulator on it and I can cruise along like crazy! It makes really nice stitches...As far as fancy stitches, I mostly use it for free motion but I do believe it has the zig zag stitch and all the basics I just have not experimented with those yet haha...Good luck!
Old 12-11-2012, 06:24 AM

I like the older machines, my 11 year old Janome is a dream. There are machines on Craigslist (eastern shore), as well as on the Delaware Craigslist. Also, try on Ebay. Some of the new machines (all brand) have manufacter's issues, and are pricey. A better used machine may be your best bet.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:33 AM

Check out these machines and shipping is free!
http://www.tonyssewingmachine.com/se...s/janome.shtml
Old 12-11-2012, 06:45 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Linda Renfro View Post
I was wondering if you wonderful folks could give me some input on Janome sewing machines. I have a friend that has a limited income.... and her sewing machine recently went belly up so, she is using a yard sale fine that hops off the table when she sews, so I thought maybe Santa could find something that is reasonable in price that he could drop off at her house this Christmas. She wants to replace her broken machine with a Janome but it doesn't have to have all the bells and whistles but she would like to have some fancy stitches, so since I'm going to help Santa I thought perhaps you folks/elves could give me some input on what you think is a good machine and still reasonable. Thanks to all of you and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!
Hanbcock Fabrics have machines on sale now...Check them out...
Old 12-11-2012, 07:05 AM

I love love love my Janome have sewn with one for over 30 years I have had probably 6-8 of them. The Jems I think 4, gave them to relatives who need a dependable machine. When we moved I sold my embroidery and serger, miss them but just don't have the room. Their new owners continue to tell me they are great. I now have a Janome Memory Craft 6600 I purchased new a few years ago what a wonderful machine. You can sew with or without using the foot peddle meaning if you are quilting a large item - place the machine on your counter then you have all that room for your quilt to rest instead of using your shoulder! Stand up straight reduce the speed, press the start and happy quilting. I owned a quilt shop and used this to demonatrate quilt blocks etc.

Search on Craigs List, ask around, go to a Janome Dealer, they know & they service.
Did you know: Jamone has the largest bobbin holds the most thread? Quiet - dependable. Service once a year for continued sewing pleasure. Change your needle after every big project. The blue tip needles are great.

Need more info? I'd be most happy.
What a nice Secret Santa are you.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:05 AM

Jumping is definitely caused or aggravated by the type of table. Another solution is to slow down, that will also help.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:34 AM

I own 2 Janome, one is over 30 years old and going strong, the other one is s "Quilter's delight" model bought on sale for $99, I have 3 other sewing machines, more sophisticated, but the Janomes are my favorites!