Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome sewing machines >

Janome sewing machines

Janome sewing machines

Old 12-11-2012, 07:37 AM

If you have a Janome Dealer close to you it might be worth your trip to go and see if they have a trade in. They are wonderful machines and I am sure theu could help ypou out. They are very good machines.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:40 AM

I've had 4 Janomes and love them all. Great machines that run forever. Basic service/cleaning is all they need. Even an entry level machine should last a very long time. I also have quite a few vintage machines and I love them as well. You can't beat an old Singer. Stay away from the new "plastic" ones!
Old 12-11-2012, 08:12 AM

AT one time, Janome made Kenmore and it still may It also makes Bernina (according to the dealer who also services my Janome) and at least some Pfaffs. Google "machines made by Janome" for information. My Janome Memrory Craft 4800 is 15 years old and sews like a dream. froggyintexas
Originally Posted by Linda Renfro View Post
I was wondering if you wonderful folks could give me some input on Janome sewing machines. I have a friend that has a limited income.... and her sewing machine recently went belly up so, she is using a yard sale fine that hops off the table when she sews, so I thought maybe Santa could find something that is reasonable in price that he could drop off at her house this Christmas. She wants to replace her broken machine with a Janome but it doesn't have to have all the bells and whistles but she would like to have some fancy stitches, so since I'm going to help Santa I thought perhaps you folks/elves could give me some input on what you think is a good machine and still reasonable. Thanks to all of you and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 09:09 AM

Default janome 8077

Allbrands.com has a really nice one....computerized... http://www.allbrands.com/categories/...-janome-8077-c
FOR $299, FREE SHIPPING AND NO SALES TAX.
Call Amy at Brubakerssewing.com Sometimes they have gently used Janomes for really good prices.

Diana in tX
Old 12-11-2012, 09:16 AM

I have 3 Janome machines and won't ever own anything else. If she can't find a new one she likes, maybe she can find one at a dealer, a gently used one. The first one I have is over 20 years old and still sewing great!
Lots of dealers have used ones for a good price.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:31 AM

Janome has machines that range in price from low to top of the line. All of their machines have a beautiful stitch. I have owned Janomes (not saying how many! lol) since the 1980's and I have loved every one of them. I've never met a Janome I didn't like.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by whinnytoo View Post
Check out these machines and shipping is free!
http://www.tonyssewingmachine.com/se...s/janome.shtml
Of this group, I think the HD1000 would met your friend's needs.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:11 AM

I have a Janome 6019 Quilters Companion that my dh bought me for Christmas about 4 years ago. Never been serviced (shame on me), and it runs like a top. No fancy stuff - just a few deco stitches, and it quilts great. The sewing bed can convert to free arm if needed for other sewing, it's easy and uncomplicated. Think we paid about $399, so if you can find one, it'd probably be cheaper.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:14 AM

http://www.overstock.com/Crafts-Sewi...SEWINGMACHINES

I have the brother 9000 with 80 stitches and I got it on overstock.com for 139. with shipping. They do come from a dealer and they were great when first one didn't work and sent me out another one right away. Of course a high end used one would be the bet choice IF you can find one reasonable, they are such better quality, so you will be shoping around I am sure. I also have a Kenmore, Kenomore embroidery made by Janome, Singer and they are all great in their own way. Bought brother for the stitches it had.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:21 AM
Power Poster

I have a Janome 4000, which does have quite a few bells and whistles, and I love it. I've had it for at least 15-20 years and it keeps plugging away, even when I was making Bow Tucks bags and it sewed over the thick fabric quite well. I do know there other versions, but this is the one I had, traded my Singer in when it didn't give me the performance I wanted for quilting. My previous machine was a Kenmore, and truth be told, I actually burned up the motor, quite scarey, that's when I got a Singer, but not overly happy with it, as my Kenmore loved to sew over thick fabrics, the Singer not so much. Go to a dealer and have them give you a chance to try them out, most likely they may have older machines that were turned in, and just as good.