Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome ??? >

Janome ???

Janome ???

Old 01-17-2011, 06:40 AM

I certainly agree with the consensus. I do love my Janomes. I have several. I especially love my 6600, mostly because of the extra arm space. Every Janome I have used has a realy nice tight even stitch. (Hard to use the seam ripper, so sew carefully)
Old 01-17-2011, 08:59 AM

On the 6600? If you thread the take up lever the opposite way (left to right instead of right to left) the thread shouldn't come out.
I'm trying to understand this...so it makes a loop around the take up lever? (and you see the thread crossing itself underneath?)

Yesterday I had the thread-coming-out-of-the-take-up-lever a few times ... but of course I didn't realize it until I'd had a bunch of nasty retries (operator error).
Old 01-17-2011, 01:44 PM

Yes but you don't really 'see' the loop since it's inside. I've been doing it this way since I got my 6600 last May after reading about this issue.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Queen Mary
I discovered the thread comes out of the take up lever when I have the needle down engaged and have used the thread cutter. I have started leaving the needle up unless I really need it down and the thread almost never comes out of the take-up lever. Hope you see this.
I got the horizon and I have had no problem with thread breaking. ty all for the info :thumbup: