Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Jelly rolls;combining washed/unwashed fabrics >

Jelly rolls;combining washed/unwashed fabrics

Jelly rolls;combining washed/unwashed fabrics

Old 08-02-2013, 08:17 AM

I wash everything in a mesh bag. It still frays occasionally but much less than without the bag.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:09 AM

I wash All my jelly rolls. Haven't bought any charms etc. Put jelly rolls in sink, washed and rinsed gently by hand and used a salad spinner to get most of water out. Hung on rack to dry then carefully pressed NOT IRONED them. Would probably work with charms etc. if found big enough area to lay them flat to dry.
Old 08-03-2013, 04:37 AM

Thank you, everyone, for your replies. I knew I would find someone on the Quilting Board who had dealt with the problem! I'm going to try tessagin's method, using panty hose, with one jelly roll and silver needle's with the other!
Old 08-03-2013, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Needle View Post
I wash All my jelly rolls. Haven't bought any charms etc. Put jelly rolls in sink, washed and rinsed gently by hand and used a salad spinner to get most of water out. Hung on rack to dry then carefully pressed NOT IRONED them. Would probably work with charms etc. if found big enough area to lay them flat to dry.
It took me a couple of days, but I used a salad spinner first. Then I put a jelly roll and some charms in mesh lingerie bag in the washer and used the "spin only" cycle for 10 min. I have a rack for my dryer which when set on "rack cycle" dries without spinning. It took about two times to get most of the moisture out. Gently laid jelly roll in half strips on top of each other on top of my dryer, washer, and cabinet I have in laundry room. Had no raveling or wrinkling.