Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jenny Doan is a hoot

Jenny Doan is a hoot

I saw Jenny Doan, yesterday at Nancy's Notions Sewing Weekend. She and her husband did one of the presentations. She is so funny and gracious. She allowed all photos and signed anything that people asked her to.

Eleanor Burns is also that way in person too!!
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

I too had the pleasure of being at her presentation! It was awesome!!!

I have not had the pleasure to meet Jenny Doan but I have met Eleanor Burns at the Road to California quilt show and she is one of the most pleasurable people I have met. She was very willing to visit with my friend and I and let us take pictures with her.

Eleanor Burns is the Queen of Quilting. She is so super nice and big smile for EVERYONE, even if you are #150 in line you get the same warm hug as #1. Jenny Doan shows the same warmth as Eleanor. Bonnie Hunter is another warm and happy to see everyone type.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

I hope to meet them one day. Eleanor is my hero. I love Jenny Doan and Bonnie as well, such great teachers.

Fun that you got to meet her!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Blog Entries
    Jenny's Missouri Star Quilt Company won the Small Business Administration's national Small Business of the Year award today. I think her friendly and welcoming personality (especially in her tutorials) are a BIG part of that success.
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    she looks like a fun person. great to know that, but I doubt we'll cross paths. Did meet Judy Niemeyer at a guild meeting.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeliaNR View Post
    Jenny's Missouri Star Quilt Company won the Small Business Administration's national Small Business of the Year award today. I think her friendly and welcoming personality (especially in her tutorials) are a BIG part of that success.
    Good for them!

I did get to see her and bought a signed copy of their Mod Block Magazine at Quiltcon in Austin but I didn't get to meet her because she was going to lunch. She seemed like such a nice lady. Her staff was sweet and very helpful too.

What a class act.
    groovey

Quote Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
    she looks like a fun person. great to know that, but I doubt we'll cross paths. Did meet Judy Niemeyer at a guild meeting.
    I always thought that too, then I read online that two quilt shops in my area were bringing her trunk show in, of course I purchased a ticket. So maybe something like that will happen to you too.
    Jean in MI

I agree that El Burns is a class act as well. I have seen her 7 or 8 times. I think Jenny is joining El as a forward thinking designer.

Quilters are the warmest people. No pun intended.

Blog Entries
    I've been in two workshops with Eleanor and enjoy the way she welcomes everyone, makes them feel welcome, and gets them involved quickly. She helps people learn in such a fun way.
    Then there's Jenny. She is also such a delight. I've never met her, but just seeing her YouTubes and seeing that she has a sense of humor is endearing. The customer service is amazing! I'd ordered a particular product and the gal on the telephone searched through my past orders until she was able to find what I needed and send more.
    So it's all about humor, getting people involved, and customer service. Win-win-win!!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    I saw Jenny last year at a quilt show. SHe was awesome. Very nice, answered all questions etc. Her show was informative and very entertaining. I saw her second show of the day when I am sure she was probably tired. I saw her walking around later in the day and she seemed to have time for everyone.

I have met Eleanor Burns on a couple of occasions and would like to meet Jenny and Bonnie. I think these three in particular have made the idea, "I can quilt", come alive for many people. I had Eleanor's log cabin book when it first come out in the 70's and made one. I have made a number of things from tutorials from Jenny and I love Bonnie Hunter's ideas. I would love to go to one of her workshops. We have other nationally known teachers who do wonderful things but lack that special warm exuberance. I am thankful for all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
    Eleanor Burns is the Queen of Quilting. She is so super nice and big smile for EVERYONE, even if you are #150 in line you get the same warm hug as #1. Jenny Doan shows the same warmth as Eleanor. Bonnie Hunter is another warm and happy to see everyone type.
    I can add Alex Anderson to that list, although it's been many years since I have seen her. Kaye Woods, too! I suppose it's as they say, "Quilters are nice people!"
    One step at a time, always forward.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jeank View Post
    I always thought that too, then I read online that two quilt shops in my area were bringing her trunk show in, of course I purchased a ticket. So maybe something like that will happen to you too.
    Which MI quilt shops? I'd love to see it.

Blog Entries
    She and her family have worked hard to earn it!

Does anyone know the best month to visit her shop to get a chance to meet her?

Blog Entries
    My sister and I visited Hamilton last summer. Jenny was wonderful. We chatted with her inside and had our picture taken with her Later she and her daughter were sitting outside taking a break and my sister and I sat and chatted with her like we were old friends. We were so impressed. We ran into her at Nancy's Notions as she was coming in and my sister said "hi Jenny" and she was just charming. What a wonderful engaging woman and such a great family. Makes me want to move to Hamilton and get some of that simple life that we so miss in our world. My sister met Eleanor Burns also many years ago and she says the same of her.

she sure comes off like that on her videos, what fun, I'd love it if she was anywhere in the west coast

I think one reason quilting is again becoming such a popular activity is having such gracious and charming representatives out there. I will probably never meet them in person, but I get that same good feeling when I see them on TV or in videos. We are blessed to have so many wonderful teachers in quilting. And many of them, equally warm and generous, will never become known on mass media. Fortunately we have them right here on the QB to help us as we move through our quilting passion.
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

She was in our area last year, I love her!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast