Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Jo- Ann Announcement! >

Jo- Ann Announcement!

Jo- Ann Announcement!

Old 08-02-2010, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by raptureready
Let's hope this doesn't make them decrease their fabric selections. Our Joann's carries some really nice fabric at reasonable prices. Personally I wish they'd get rid of some of the garden, fake flower stuff, and Dollar Deal junk to make room for more fabric.
Ditto......does anyone know what the orginial idea behinds was when they first opened? just curious, did they start out as a general craft store?
Old 08-02-2010, 08:39 AM

Our store was another fabric store and then became JoAnn's. There were some yarn and craft selections but the store was at least 3/4 fabric. No longer - barely 1/2 the store is fabric and a lot of it is inferior stuff. When I want really cheap fabric, I got to Wal-Mart and get it for $1/yd.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:41 AM

They started out as Cloth World....that should tell you their original mainstay.....it has evolved into a craft, hobby, floral,scapbooking, storage container, baking, dorm room, framing, rubber stamping, jewelry making, wood craft, yard decor, greeting card, seasonal kitchen, store...hmmmm even I didn't realize the change until thinking about walking through the store.
Diana
Old 08-02-2010, 11:25 AM

I try to avoid Joann's at all costs, except when I can really use something (with a coupon, of course). There is a Hancock's real nearby, so I'd rather go there.

Oh, by the way, the Walmart closest to me is downsizing & a newer 1 doesn't handle fabric at all.

Jodie :thumbup:
Old 08-02-2010, 11:38 AM

Get on JoAnn's mailing list for their sale paper. I get one about every 2 weeks. The one I just got is from Aug 1-14
Old 08-02-2010, 12:17 PM

There is no way for 2 carts to pass in the aisles at this JoAnn's. It isn't even comfortable for two peole to pass. It is degrading for it tells the customer that all they care about is having more stuff and not any comfort for the customer. It is worse than before the remodeling was done.

Originally Posted by newbiequilter
Our JoAnn's aisles are not wide enough for two carts to pass. IF you are standing w/cart deciding on fabric there is NO WAY another cart can pass. The whole store is poorly designed.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:33 AM

Thanks for replying of what Joanns started as...Cloth World...thats interesting. I never think of Joannes for anything but sewing stuff or scrap bk supplies...never for furniture. We are getting a new Joannes sometime in Oct, curious see what their inventory will be...rumor has it that it will be less fabric.