Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Jo-Ann coupon shopping

Didn't realize the coupon expired yesterday until 4:30 last night so ran out the door with my friend to Jo-Ann fabrics. I used 60% off coupon for 16 yards of warm and natural batting off the bolt. Best buy was with my friend who wanted to buy cutting table with sides that fold down. Asked where they were and guy working there helped us and when she said she wanted to buy he told us someone had given him 80% off coupon to be used by someone buying an item over $100. So, with this discount she purchased the table for $29! Her guardian angel was looking over her shoulder as the table was on sale and manager allowed override and use of the coupon. So, excellent time shopping.

You just gotta love deals like that!

Wow...that is awesome...I wish I could have quilting finds like that.

I love stories like this! :)

Power Poster
    Good deal.

Wow, did she get a deal or what. Makes me feel better about Joanns.

I was going to buy batting with my 50% off scratch coupon but as everything else in the store the batting was on sale too. UGH.. I really do not like to shop at JoAnn's and I never buy their fabric.

You know the girl at the cutting table told me it was $5.99/yard and since I didn't see any signs on the ROLLS of batting (signs on prepackaged stuff) I had it do a scan on it and sure as heck it was regular price of $10.99 so could use my coupon. Lucky us on bargains. Have to say that I've had good experiences at Jo-Ann's here in Tucson (Broadway store).

Although many are unhappy with Joann's and refuse to purchase from Joann's ever again because of their inability to buy something they had their heart set on with their coupon I am glad you and your friend were both able to find something that you were pleased with!

Quote Originally Posted by BizyStitches
    I was going to buy batting with my 50% off scratch coupon but as everything else in the store the batting was on sale too. UGH.. I really do not like to shop at JoAnn's and I never buy their fabric.
    If you really dislike Joann's that much save a tree and remove yourself from their mailing list, I am sure they would stop stuffing flyers in your mail box! ;)

Hmm I must have missed the fact that ALL batting was on sale. I knew PACKAGED batting was but I didn't know on the bolt was. I surely would have bought some!

I love a tree just as much as the next person. I don't mind getting notions and such at JoAnn's I just said I never buy their fabric. At my store it said "Batting" on sale. Sorry, this up set you.

The scratch of coupons that you are taking about are they the ones that you recieve in the mail?
    A few months ago I had signed up at the store and had not recieved that flyers as of yet. So a couple weeks ago I was there and signed up again. Hopefully this time I still start getting their flyers and coupons. I guess I have about 4 moere weeks to go. They say it takes about 6 weeks.

Blog Entries
    Wish I could find coupons like that. The only ones I seem
    to find are 40 percent and 50 percent, with lots and lots
    of exclusions. Most of what I want are already on sale, but
    mostly 30 percent off.

They used to allow you to use coupons on sale items by taking the discount from the original price, but no more. I liked that option, but what can we do? I wanted to use the 60% off coupon, but everything I wanted was already on sale. Bummer!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I say cheers to the guy working there who followed thru with someone's 80% coupon and put it to good use. He could have just tossed it. Maybe you could mention him to the store manager, not necessarily what he did but just that he was very helpful to you and your friend.

Doesn't hancock fabrics honor the coupons? I don't usually use coupons I just catch the sales. But if hancocks honors them and they have the same thing why not go there to use it?

I did really well. I was going to go on Saturday but didn't get there. Turned out it was better I went on Sunday. The W & N batting had a sign that was 5.99 a yard so I had 4 yards cut. It came up on the cutting ticket as regular priced because the sale had expired on Saturday and they hadn't taken the sign down (the date was on it but I didn't notice). So I used my 70% off coupon and got it for about $3 a yard.

How often do you get the scratch of coupons? I can't wait until they get me in their system.

Quote Originally Posted by quilterj
    Doesn't hancock fabrics honor the coupons? I don't usually use coupons I just catch the sales. But if hancocks honors them and they have the same thing why not go there to use it?
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will check it out.
    Attached Images Attached Images