Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Jo Ann's flyers

I discovered something interesting when my Mom ( she lives 500 miles from me) got the 25 % off total purchase coupon. We were dicsussing our planned purchases and I mentioned that the Keepsake calicos were on sale for 40 % off, that with the 25 total purchase coupon was enough to at least make me take a good look.
    Well her JoAnn's in her area did not have the Calicos on sale, only fat quarters. At first I thought she must have overlooked it but , nope her flyer did not have them on sale, and because we had talked about it she specifically looked when she got to the store... nope not on sale.
    It was kinda interesting that the flyers are different depending on where you live and there would be that much difference. FYI - we also compared notes on a few other items , one was 6.99 reg price at mine hers was 9.99, so even the pricing is different.
    I was wondering how many of you had the Keepsake Calicos on sale for 40 percent off? And did you have the 25% of total purchase coupon?

Well, our local "Walmart's" do the same thing. We have several Walmart's in this area and I shopped at one and bought a piece fo fabric that was on "clearance" and when at a different Walmart, the fabric wasn't on clearance there.

I asled the assistant about it and she said we are all different and our sales/clearance items are not the same either...

Well, our local "Walmart's" do the same thing. We have several Walmart's in this area and I shopped at one and bought a piece fo fabric that was on "clearance" and when at a different Walmart, the fabric wasn't on clearance there.

I asled the assistant about it and she said we are all different and our sales/clearance items are not the same either...

@joann our c. fabric has been 30% off for the last 3 wks.

My flyer just lists Keepsake Calico @ $3.99-$9.99.

I was at Joann's on Wednesday and the Keepsake Calico was 40% off. I just assumed that sale would stop once Friday came and the 25% off coupon started. Maybe that's what happened in your store?

I just realized this recently too, when I stopped at a different JoAnns for an item I thought was on sale there, but was onlt on sale at the one location I normally go to.

Also, website sales and prices are different too than your local locations.

Blog Entries
    When everyone (on board) was talking about % OFF their total purchase, I thought maybe I need to make a JA run. BUT when I pulled out my flyer, mine said NOTHING about % OFF total purchase. :(

McDonald's is the same. MY GS loves the nuggets. Depending on what state you're in the nuggets come in 4s or 6s or whatever. They live 800 miles east of here and have hit almost every McDuck's enroute. She always asks how many nuggets and they probably think she's nuts at any particular store-----but they change up and down the road.

Keepsake calicos are not on sale at my Joann's. But we did have 25% of coupons.

There was a separate 25% off flyer, it was not in the booklet (at least in mine). I did receive it via email.

The calico was 40% off and Debbie Mums was 50%.

The flyer that came in the mail about a week ago in the St. Louis, MO area and the one I picked up in the store has a little fold-over section on the front cover that says Sew & Save One Week Special Sewing Savings Sun-Sat, Mar. 20-26. It has a 50% off one regularly priced fabric coupon, Duck Canvas 30% off, buttons buy one get one free, 50% off quilting notions excluding F&P, patterns, software & Simplicity Bias Tape maker; and last but not least--40% off Keepsake Calico regularly priced $3.99 to $9.99. I don't see anything on it that indicates it is specifically for this area but it could be, I suppose.

The last few pages also have a special sale, Friday March 25th through Sunday March 27th. That's where the Debbie Mum 50% off is listed, Cozy Flannel Solids 50% off, Quilters Solids 40% off including Kona, 40% off Quilting Books and other crafting stuff.

You really have to check the end of the bolts, especially during sales, because they don't always get put back where they belong. I paid $5.99 per yard (before my 25% discount) on a really cute kids flannel that was in with the Snuggle flannel which is on sale for $2.49. I didn't think anything about it because it's not Disney or any licensed characters I recognized so I didn't even look until I got home. My 5 yards of flannel that I had budgeted in my head at $10 really cost me $25. We went to another Joann's today and found it in with the nursery prints & panels which makes it $1 off the regular $6.99 price and since it's on sale--I can't use my 50% off coupon on it, :(. It is cute, though and I saved a bunch of money on other stuff so I guess I just contributed to keeping Joann's open a little longer in my area--LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by caliquocat
    That's what my mom's had ! No sale , mine was 40 percent off

Quote Originally Posted by Lori S
    Quote Originally Posted by caliquocat
    That's what my mom's had ! No sale , mine was 40 percent off
    The Keepsake Calico sale is on a little fold out inside the front page on my mailed flyer and on the one I picked up in the store. I wonder if your mom picked up one in the store that someone had ripped the fold out from.

Ah, I see a difference now. I just went to Joann.com and the flyer that was enclosed in a newspaper--not the personalized one I get--does not have the little fold out page nor does the online version of the personalized one.

Our calicos were 40 percent off/ had to pick up a few, lol!

Blog Entries
    We had that sale here too. Just got back. Got 108 inch muslin for 40 percent off and 90 inch 50 percent off and a lot of keepsake fabric for 40 percent off. and used a 25 percent coupon and got almost 24 dollars back in savings.

I have noticed that not all Joanns are the same. When reading here on the board some ladies will say what their
    Joann's has on sale and when I get to mine it is not on sale at all. :thumbdown:

Debbie Mumm was on sale, and only fq's. Never understood why they would have different items on sale. Marketing?

Our Joann's had the 40% of calico's and 50% of notions. The only things that the 25% don't work on(other than what is listed), are items you use a coupon for. I bought a bolt of Pellon Wonder Under, 50% off made it $19.60 and then another 25% brought it down to $14.50. Pretty good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by jdiane318
    Our Joann's had the 40% of calico's and 50% of notions. The only things that the 25% don't work on(other than what is listed), are items you use a coupon for. I bought a bolt of Pellon Wonder Under, 50% off made it $19.60 and then another 25% brought it down to $14.50. Pretty good deal.
    You did well, I got a bolt of heat and bond lite.

The typical Joann's coupon reads" not vakid on sale items", on the one that I receive. That being said you couldn't use yours on the Joann's I shop wheno go to CT.

The same thing happened to me. The clerk said the smaller Joann stores did not have that sale on just the larger stores. Joanns needs to specify that in their ad. Needless to say I was upset. After I got home the flyer says they will honor any sale with lower prices even another Joanns ad but they didn't for me.

WOW, so we really have to watch what we are buying and which store.

Quote Originally Posted by MIJul
    Debbie Mumm was on sale, and only fq's. Never understood why they would have different items on sale. Marketing?
    yep..Marketing....believe it or not, Joann's and Walmart and Target and a host of other big chain stores, including grocery stores, employ scores of people who read over inventory lists to discover what sells and what doesn't sell in each particular area of the country. And while the differences in sales don't make much sense to us (it's something about the "marketeers" losing touch with reality, I think!! :wink: ), they plan these "area" sales to match what sells the most in that area, what will bring the the highest number of customers, etc.....Hence the reason some things are on sale in one area of the country and not in another. In addition, the "smaller" Joann's stores will not have the same sales due to their inventory turnover....or whatever they call it. Where I used to live, there were two Joann's stores within easy driving distance...one was a "superstore" and one was just a small "fabric with a few crafts" store. The small store rarely carried the same inventory, did not have the same sales as the larger store did. Yet this smaller store stays open because the customer base visiting that store is large enough to justify the revenue put out to keep the doors open....plus they have a better selection of fabric that is for garment construction, rather than crafting.

As always, it's about how much money comes through the doors :wink:

Blog Entries
    Things do get dropped in the wrong area. Best thing to do is ask the clerk at the cutting counter to check the price before you have it cut. Then you are not getting a shock at the register or when you get home. You can also use the price check scanners located in different places in the store.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast