Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jo Ann's flyers

Mine were 40% off and still got the 25% off all purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by grammy Dwynn
    When everyone (on board) was talking about % OFF their total purchase, I thought maybe I need to make a JA run. BUT when I pulled out my flyer, mine said NOTHING about % OFF total purchase. :(
    Same here. Nothing about 25% off total purchase! Bummer!

Ours doesn't matter, because they accept any coupon from any fabric store.

JoAnn's by us has a magazine you can buy for $2.99 that has six coupons on the back - 2 for 50% off one item and 4 for 40% off one item. I used the 50% to buy an ott lamp and then got my 10% quilters discount, so it was only about $25.

I went yesterday and only the fat quarters were 30% off not the keepsake calico. I was very dissapointed because I read on this board some of you had gotten it on sale, plus the 25% off. My booklet did not have the 25% off, got in in a seperate mailer.

Blog Entries
    I live in Missouri and our calicos were not on sale either!!
    One of the other things you have to watch is that if you have a coupon, make sure it comes off the highest price item - I have paid for things seperately because I have found that our JoAnns will take it off the lower priced item - not the most expensive even though the clerks say thats what it will do!!! I have a couple of receipts that I am going to take in after this sales is over to see if they will adjust price!! Also watch the end of bolt - its supposed to be 50% off the price. If that particular fabric is on sale that week its supposed to give remanent at 50% off the price that its currently selling for at that time!!

The Joann's closest to my home (40 miles away) is a smaller Joann's and they did not have the 40% off the Keepsake Calicos. But I was headed to Dallas, so I stopped at a Joann's Superstore in Plano and theirs WAS 40% off. Needless to say, between it and the Kona Cotton solids I made a HAUL yesterday with my extra 25% off!!

When everyone (on board) was talking about % OFF their total purchase, I thought maybe I need to make a JA run. BUT when I pulled out my flyer, mine said NOTHING about % OFF total purchase. :(
    It was a special coupon for 25% off total purchase. I got one through the mail plus I got one a couple of weeks ago at Joann's.

Blog Entries
    Our keepsake calicos were 40% off and we could use the 25% coupon on the sale price. I picked up 12 yards of fabric and a bunch of other things. All quilting tools and notions were 50% off, so applying the 25% to that was a bargain.

Blog Entries
    although I'm not usually a big fan of Joann's fabrics normally, I did go yesterday with my 25% off total purchase coupon. The keepsake calicos were 40% off (Sarasota, FL store). Using several 40% and 50% coupons in addition to the 25% and the sale prices I bought a $30.00quilting book, 17 yards of fabric, 4 yds of fleece,2 yo yo makers, a seam ripper, a large thread cone box, one of those big square rulers with the slits in it for cutting strips and one other ruler. I spent $103.61 and the reciept indicated that I save over $150 off of their regular prices. If the fabric I bought quilts up well I may be changing my mind about Joanne's!!!

i got a flyer last week just for the one local Joann I shop at. the coupons were marked for that store only.

Quote Originally Posted by emsgranny
    I live in Missouri and our calicos were not on sale either!!
    One of the other things you have to watch is that if you have a coupon, make sure it comes off the highest price item - I have paid for things seperately because I have found that our JoAnns will take it off the lower priced item - not the most expensive even though the clerks say thats what it will do!!! I have a couple of receipts that I am going to take in after this sales is over to see if they will adjust price!! Also watch the end of bolt - its supposed to be 50% off the price. If that particular fabric is on sale that week its supposed to give remanent at 50% off the price that its currently selling for at that time!!
    I was wondering about the Jefferson City store. My local store, Festus/Crystal City, is the smallest one I've ever been in and the JC store is the second smallest. I went to the new Super Joann's in Ballwin and another large but not super one in Affton and they did have the sales--unfortunately for my bank account but my stash is definitely larger.

We had the 40% coupon but no 25 and Calicos are 3.99-9.99

Just the fat quarters were on sale, no sale on keepsake. I live in Deltona, FL so mine is the same as your mom's

Yes, our JoAnns here in Henderson, Nevada had 40%off plus the 25% coupon.

Quote Originally Posted by caliquocat
    My flyer just lists Keepsake Calico @ $3.99-$9.99.
    Mine to.

I've noticed from the posts here that JoAnn's on the east coast have much better sales than our JoAnn's here on the west coast.

Grocery stores have practiced this for decades. Different stores in different neighborhoods will have different prices on the same item.

Happy sewing and quilting,
    Janet

I was given my 25% off coupon when I was in the store a few days earlier. I was also e-mailed the 25% off from Joann's! There was no mention in the Joann's flyer - just the extra 3-day sale!

Blog Entries
    I found this out when I took a flyer I had here in Atlanta with me whiloe visiting in Orlando to buy some cotton that was on sale. I asked a clerk why it was on sale in my flyer but not her store and she said they did vary. But she called the manager who signed for me to get the sale price anyway. And yes I did get the 40 % off calico but missed out on the 25 % off total. Only bought a little so it did not matter that much.

For some reason I do not get the flyers have signed up for them 2-3 times a year Have signed up for there E-Mails 2-3 times per year to Acording to them I am getting the E-Mail! Have lived at the same adress for 31 years and have had the same E-Mail adress at least 5 years Have never recieved a thing. I have just about stoped even going into Joann's unless I really need it and cann't find it any place else. When I do go in there stand at the front door for flyers is usually empty so I never use there coupons. Hope for business sake this does not happen to a lot of people and hope the new owners do a better job.

Blog Entries
    We have at least 6 Target stores within a 15 mile radius and price differences are very noticable within the " close outs". Our local store is in the more affluent town and things are never as deeply discounted as in the less afffluent towns.

Blog Entries
    But the 25% off your total purchase does include sale items and red tag fabric. Used it and saved a bundle.

Blog Entries
    Are the e-mails going to your junk mail? Also ask your mailman - I have heard that some of them are not delivering flyers. They consider them 3rd class and junk mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Gramie bj
    For some reason I do not get the flyers have signed up for them 2-3 times a year Have signed up for there E-Mails 2-3 times per year to Acording to them I am getting the E-Mail! Have lived at the same adress for 31 years and have had the same E-Mail adress at least 5 years Have never recieved a thing. I have just about stoped even going into Joann's unless I really need it and cann't find it any place else. When I do go in there stand at the front door for flyers is usually empty so I never use there coupons. Hope for business sake this does not happen to a lot of people and hope the new owners do a better job.
    For the longest time I only got the e-mails. I like to go in person. I picked up 2 of their forms to get the fliers by mail. Put one in my name and the other in Hubby's. Took a while but I finally started getting coupons by mail. Try this and see if it works for you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast