Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: JoAnn fabric surprise

That's some gift and from Joann's! They said you can keep it. WOW! Enjoy.

Someone probably got talked to over that. Well, I hardly ever buy fabric from JoAnns unless it is an emergency, because till I get it straight, it is usually 2 inches shorter. I worked there for a while, and if you ever got caught giving even a finger nail width over, you would be fired on the spot. Consider yourself lucky.

Blog Entries
    A blessing for you indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by timepasser
    A couple of monthes ago I ordered 10 yds. of fabric in 1 yd lengths from JoAnn fabric. I never did open any of the packages until yesterday. To my surprise everyone was not 36" long but 60". So I recieved 240" or 6.6 yds of extra fabric. WOW Each package was marked 1 yd. length. I felt so guilty so I called Joanns online number and they really appreciated me telling them but it is my good fortune someone was feeling so generous that day. The fabric is gorgeous. I couldn't be happier.

Good for you for letting Joann's know there was an error made. It's nice to get extras unexpectedly but with all the stores no longer carrying fabric, we want Joann's to stay in business and if they had a couple million packages of yardage inaccurately labled it might hurt their business enough to cause them to close down stores...there aren't enough fabric stores as it is. I applaud your honesty. Good job.

That is great, and what is better is that you phoned Joanne's and they didn't charge you any extra or ask you to return the "extra" or "their error". I am so happy for you!

TreeFrog

Blog Entries
    Lucky you, what a wonder surprise

Blog Entries
    Good things happen to good folks, lucky you!

And you did the right thing in calling them, so you can enjoy it guilt-free! A bonus.

Blog Entries
    [quote=timepasser] To my surprise everyone was not 36" long but 60". So I recieved 240" or 6.6 yds of extra fabric. /quote]

Is it 60 in wide - like a home dec or mixed content fabric and one yard long?

I love pure honesty and in this case, you were rewarded for your honesty. Nice work!!!!

Enjoy

Sandy 14

regular cotton quilting fabric 42" wide or whatever it runs now

[quote=Johanna Fritz]
    Quote Originally Posted by timepasser
    To my surprise everyone was not 36" long but 60". So I recieved 240" or 6.6 yds of extra fabric. /quote]

Is it 60 in wide - like a home dec or mixed content fabric and one yard long?
    regular cotton quilting fabric 42" wide or whatever it runs now

Blog Entries
    Good for you and happy sewing to your hearts content.

Hooray for you. It was good of you to tell them. Give yourself a brownie point.

Blog Entries
    Great for you and glad you did the right thing so now you can sew guilt free and enjoy your gift.

wow.

Power Poster
    Mistake on their part! It was nice that you called them to tell them about the error! Now you can have fun with it without the guilt!!!

What a very very honest person your are !!!!! It was nice that Joann's let you keep the extra fabric without charging you more, or having you send it back to them.
    I have done that myself many times in the past with mostly employers giving me more than I was suppose to get in my paycheck. I was always told to keep the extra money as a reward for being so honest. Then I had no guilt feelings. The extra money was appreciated. I sometimes worked for some very cheap doctors and they let me keep the money. WOW !!!! It does pay to be honest.

Good for you as to your honesty! My guess is the person cutting your yardage isn't a sewer, & got confused about what a yard is...or perhaps they had just cut some home dec. & read the 60"...& still had that in their head.

I have gotten fabric from Joann's online where they sent multiple cuts of a single yardage order. I don't know why they can't call you or email to ask if you would accept it that way first. In this case, it was for backs where I wanted a single yardage...they may have taken it back, but since the sale was over, I couldn't replace it. The other issue I had for that big order was although they showed several of the fabrics in stock when I paid, they didn't ship 4 out of 11 fabrics & stated "out of stock". I was rather surprised, since several of the other fabrics already showed "out of stock" that I had wanted; & prevented me from ordering those. Just learned a lesson where Joann's online is concerned...if it's on sale, get it locally if you can, don't count on getting it, just because you ordered it.

The deal is good the honesty is fabulous :)

Power Poster
    Lucky you. I once ordered a batch of fat quarters, and when they arrived they were fat quarters, but in completely different fabrics, very sparkly and beautiful. When I called about the mistake, they told me to keep the fat quarters. That was my lucky day, but in a much smaller scale than yours. Always great to get some free fabric. Make some gorgeous quilts. MargeD

wow that is fantastic

Happy Day!!! And your honesty is so refreshing... you are a shining example!!!

What a great surprise. You know your conscience is going to force you to make charity quilts from some of that fabric, right?!? LOL

Lucky you! That is great!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast