Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Joann's black friday sales? >

Joann's black friday sales?

Joann's black friday sales?

Old 11-17-2011, 07:17 AM

Yeah, me too but I miss the girls and feel bad for them when the company doesn't allow the managers to staff enough people to take care of the lines. Especially on a day with so many deals and so much money being made.
Originally Posted by bnlmom View Post
I really do not miss working at JoAnn's ,especially Black Friday!
Old 11-17-2011, 08:39 AM

My husband and I will probably go... simply because he said he wants to get me a sewing machine for Christmas. they are going to have one of their standard Singer Machines on sale for 60+ dollars that day plus the additional 25% off would make the machine like 45.00. So we will probably go lol.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:51 AM

I have never shopped Joanne's on a Black Friday and try to stay at home and out of stores that day but their ad this year really has me thinking about going. One young gal who loves the BF sales said that Joanne's is terrible on BF but gave me these suggestions... Go the day before and pick out the fabric you want so you can just go in and grab the bolt...She said every store that she has been to on BF puts out a numbering system, grab a number as soon as you arrive and then get your stuff and lastly, go early...

I haven't made up my mind yet if the savings are worth the drive and aggravation but I love a bargain!
Old 11-17-2011, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Scrappy Gram View Post
Does Joann's till email coupons? I haven't received any in a long time.
I get them intermittently, when you do get them and you go in the store, have them scan the bar code on the back and supposedly, you will continue to get the flyers and coupons. I usually do this first so that if I don't buy anything, I don't forget to get it scanned.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Buttons922 View Post
Last year I took my daughter with me and she got in line and I went and got everything I needed and I only had to wait about 5 minutes when I was done.
This is exactly what my sister & I do every year. One of us has the list of all the items to purchase and the other stands in line. Perfect plan every time!
Old 11-17-2011, 11:31 AM

[/FONT]I have never shopped black friday sales and I won't be out shopping next Friday either. I can't go out early because my dog likes to go out walking at that time of the morning, so I'll just chill at home. I may check out the website and see if there is anything there worth clicking on. Hope everyone stays safe and gets great deals.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by momto5 View Post
Sales and lines around this time of year really do NOT appeal to me...if I can't get it via FedEx or UPS or USPS, I've about decided I don't need it!
This is my favorite mode of shopping after Thanksgiving, too. I hate the crowds. Infortunately, must get some fabric for quilting at church so I may have to go.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Scrappy Gram View Post
Does Joann's till email coupons? I haven't received any in a long time.
They still send email coupons and they usually have your name on them so if you do not use them often enough they will drop you. Same with flyers.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:57 PM

Thank you, thank you, even has more sites one can go on!
Old 11-17-2011, 12:58 PM

Red face

Originally Posted by momto4 View Post
Is anyone planning on going to Joanns for black friday/saturday sales? I saw Christmas fabric is 50% off and you can use a coupon if you go before noon to use a 25% off coupon so that would be 75% off!? I am definitely going to go and get some more fabric for Christmas gifts and stock up for next year. Here is a link to the ad hopefully that works for everyone.

http://www.theblackfriday.com/ads/jo...iday-ad1.shtml
I hate to bust your bubble, but it really isn't 75% off. It is 50% off and then 25% off the total after the 50% off. It actually comes to 62 1/2 % off. That is still a good sale!! Not trying to be a smartee here, but just an awareness. Enjoy the sale - I will be enjoying family staying over from Thanksgiving.