Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Joanns - Black Friday >

Joanns - Black Friday

Joanns - Black Friday

Old 11-23-2010, 12:16 PM

I was looking at my sale flyer and didn't see any good deals--if I wait until it's normally on sale and then use my teacher discount card, it's just as good a deal. and I'm not fighting the crowds with 2 children in tow.

Rose Hall
Old 11-23-2010, 01:07 PM

That's very kind, TX GMini, but I should have time to get it before Christmas. Thank you for the offer.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by littlehud
I don't do Black Friday. Just too hectic for me.
Ditto this, besides I am completely done with my Christmas shopping - now all I have to do is find time to wrap... :)
Old 11-23-2010, 01:44 PM

Believe me, they wait in line to be the first in the door. I used to work retail and the earlier the better for some.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:03 PM

You guys are scaring me!! Maybe I should just stay home. lol The closest Joanns is 45 miles from here. I'd have to leave pretty early to get there before 6am. Maybe I'll just order online.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by jetnica
i do! it's kind of a family tradition to sit down after dinner has been cleaned up and go through all of the ads and come up with a "plan" for the next morning.

I don't push and shove, and last year, at sears, when the pushing and shoving started, i sorta hid in women's underwear until the madness died down. lost out on a couple of deals, and took me a while to find the bf again, but at least i wasn't hurt!

=) It also helps to go in with a smile-ly, shiny attitude, it disarms those mean crazies.
You must be in my family!!! We do the same thing including the smiley, shining attitude!!! It's fun to watch people, isn't it?? I have a dd and SIL who campout in the parking lot at some store or other...last year it was Toys R Us! I'm not that crazy...but am usually there at 5 AM. We basically eat Thanksgiving dinner, watch a little TV, go home and go to bed. Since we live an hour from the shopping centers, we get up really early!! There are 6 - 8 of us that meet up and shop then go to eat breakfast and then shop some more! Hope my knees hold up!! LOL! Can't wait!
Old 11-23-2010, 02:45 PM

Worked in retail for 20 years. Never could enjoy the holidays cause with all the crazy hours I was always exhausted. Black Friday was the worse.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by oatw13
According to the ad I got in the mail, Joann's opens at 6AM on November 26.
The coupons are irresistible! :D
Old 11-23-2010, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by MommaDorian
Does anybody know when they open on Black Friday? I see some stores are opening at midnight!! Do people actually go in the middle of the night?

Thanks.
Actually I do shop Black Friday. I go to bed early Thursday night and get up about midnight, put my warm clothes on and off I go. I shop a really big outlet mall so most anything I need or want can be found quickly. I shop for several hours, come home for a rest and empty my car. Then off I go again. I usually am totally finished with all shopping by 4 to 6 am. THEN I go to the fabric shops and shop until I drop. I know how much money I have left over from Christmas shopping and ALL extra money goes into my fabrics and quilting supplies. You don't have long lines, you aren't walking all over the crouds and you can find someone to help you. All in all I find it a big lark, after it's all over that is.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:55 PM

JoAnn's policy is 6AM open, some specials 6 to 12 noon and others 12 to close. Some are all day. Same goes for Saturday but they open at 7am on Saturday.