Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Joanns - Black Friday >

Joanns - Black Friday

Joanns - Black Friday

Old 11-23-2010, 03:11 PM

I love BF Last year I did kohls walmart pennys and joanns and was home back in bed before my husband got up. My christmas shopping is bascially done can't get the hamster til the day before, not babysitting a hamster for a month. last year did most of the stuff for my daughters who work. wouldn't miss BF for nothing
Old 11-23-2010, 03:15 PM

I don't do Black Friday, but if I were 30 years younger I might, LOL. To all you Shopping Warriors..."May the Force Be With You"
Old 11-23-2010, 03:31 PM

hello I am a true shopper I get up and also stand in the line frezing of course drinking coffee and then you know the rest
Old 11-23-2010, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by MommaDorian
You guys are scaring me!! Maybe I should just stay home. lol The closest Joanns is 45 miles from here. I'd have to leave pretty early to get there before 6am. Maybe I'll just order online.
Last year, online had free shipping, and they had a rolling sewing machine tote for $29. Soooo..... I wished myself a Happy Birthday, ordered it online and it was delivered to my front door the following week. No lines, no crowds, and exactly what I wanted! Voila!

They have one this year too ..... don't know about the free shipping online, but I'm willing to bet. I may just order the AccuQuilt online. :D
Old 11-23-2010, 04:42 PM

I own townhouses and want to replace washers and dryers. Talked with Sears and the prices will be insanely low, so I have to be there at 4 am, first come first serve. God, the things I will do to save a buck!!!
Old 11-23-2010, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by sandyo
Quit going to Joanns on black friday. The line were 1-2 hours long. Not worth it.
Ugh! No thanks. Nothing I need that badly! Have fun y'all who go. I usually enjoy 'missing' the crowds and having a nice leisurely day at home with my sweetie pie, DH. He's the best company. :-D :-D
Old 11-23-2010, 05:02 PM

I am angry with JoAnn's. I've waited and waited and waited for them to run irons on sale. I've lusted for the Rowenta travel iron to take to workshops. Well, guess what? They ran the irons for like 50% off and when I tried to order, they "said" they were out of the travel irons. The day after the sale expired, they suddenly had them again. Isn't that amazing? I emailed them to complain, but sure didn't get me anywhere. I think I've found the best deal on Amazon though, so I may order it.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:03 PM

If you can get the deal in print, Lowe's will usually match it. I did that when we built for the whole house of appliances.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:14 PM

Karen, try Bed, Bath & Beyond. I used their 20% off coupon and got mine (Rowenta Travel Iron) for about $14.

Originally Posted by KyKaren1949
I am angry with JoAnn's. I've waited and waited and waited for them to run irons on sale. I've lusted for the Rowenta travel iron to take to workshops. Well, guess what? They ran the irons for like 50% off and when I tried to order, they "said" they were out of the travel irons. The day after the sale expired, they suddenly had them again. Isn't that amazing? I emailed them to complain, but sure didn't get me anywhere. I think I've found the best deal on Amazon though, so I may order it.
;-)
Old 11-23-2010, 05:19 PM

Can you order online at the doorbuster price? I have never done that, so how does it work? Im like Amanda from Tx...things we have to do to save a buck!