Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
JoAnn's has done it again............... >

JoAnn's has done it again...............

JoAnn's has done it again...............

Old 09-14-2012, 04:19 PM

This is good to know. There are 3 JoAnns within reasonable distance from me in different directions, one on the way home from the hospital where we go all too often. That store was destroyed in Hurricane Irene last year, so it's all new with a totally different layout than before. Confusing, but bright and new. They gave me a 20% off card when I showed my AQS card that came with my magazine subscription/membership. When I used it, the discount went on everything I bought, even sale stuff. Will have to remember that end of bolt thing next time.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:22 PM

Forgot to mention that I noticed an ad for JoAnn's with a link to 50% off coupon at the bottom of this thread. They really notice what we are discussing! Scroll down and see if it's there for you.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:00 PM

Both the JoAnns near me have always been willing to steeply discount the end of the bolt. When I want to get the end of bolt, I estimate how much is left on the bolt, figuring that the cardboard is ~9 inches wide (or 1/4 yard). I count how many layers (on both sides of the cardboard) and divide by 4 to get the approximate yardage. When I get to the cutting table, I ask for whatever amount would leave just under a yard on the bolt and then "graciously" offer to buy the rest if I can have it for end of bolt price. If I can do it with red tag fabric when it's 50% off, I feel like they practically paid me to take it home...
Old 09-14-2012, 05:37 PM

I live 2 hours away from the Cities but I did go to that JoAnns once when I was in the Cities and it is one of the nicest JoAnn's I ahve ever been in. If you are ever in Mankato, go to theit JoAnn's. It is my favorite JoAnn's store and I do go to Mankato shopping sometimes (even though it is also 2 hrs, away), so I do get to that JoAnn's often.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:52 PM

Glad you have a "good" Joannes where you live. Some of the ones around here give only one end-of-bolt discount per shopping trip. They also come close to short changing on the yard cuts.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:32 PM

The gals at my Jo-ann's are pretty good about giving the end of bold discounts but yours sound so great maybe I should drive the 100 miles to give them a try.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:05 PM

I would have to be visual enough to know there was less than a yard left on the bolt. Or, I guess I could un-roll it and look. Isn't that funny? I just thought of that. lol@me.

mary quilting;5509201]ask for 2 yards and get the 7/8 at 50 off end of bolt has to be less than a yard[/QUOTE]
Old 09-27-2012, 10:22 AM

I have it by very good authority that Joanns HAS NOT CHANGED THEIR REMNANT POLICY. This information comes from a Store Manager, who has checked with corporate. So if you are shopping at a Joanns, and there is less than a yard remaining on the bolt, it should be sold to you at a 50% discount as is store policy. If the clerk will not then call for the M.O.D. (Manager on Duty) and request that they comply with corporate policy....We need to stand up for ourselves and expect/request/demand that all employees comply with corporate policy. I will now get down off my soapbox and go back to my sewing room......Good luck everyone
Old 11-30-2012, 05:23 PM

Our JoAnn's left Worthington when Walmart came. However, I do have 3 gift cards I need to use and hopefully will get to my daughter's in Shakopee soon, and she can get me where I need to go!
Old 11-30-2012, 05:46 PM

I think it is JoAnn's national policy to give you a discount card if you are a member of a quilting organization. I happened to have my AQS card that I got when I "joined" AQS to get the magazine. They gave me a VIP card that gives me an extra 10% off the entire order when I shop there. Main thing to me, whether it's coupons, or cards or whatever, is: Never, never, never, never pay full price!!