Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Join me for Virtual Quilt Weekend this weekend >

Join me for Virtual Quilt Weekend this weekend

Join me for Virtual Quilt Weekend this weekend

Old 02-15-2014, 05:49 PM

Had to take a break... my sea turtle block was giving me trouble.....you ladies are so inspiring !! ....needed the boost !!!
Old 02-15-2014, 07:08 PM

I love your HST quilt kaelynangelfoot it is absolutely beautiful I love the colors.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:35 PM

I'm in, this will be my 1st VQA, I've been working so hard on this quilt for my DH who is out of town so it would be great if I can have it finished when he gets home. It's been on the back burner for months now. Going to to to post a picture. It's called Quiet Corner & is 63"x60", don't ask me how I came up with those dimensions [ATTACH=CONFIG]462612[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dscf4820.jpg  
Old 02-15-2014, 08:13 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by PenniF View Post
Had to take a break... my sea turtle block was giving me trouble.....you ladies are so inspiring !! ....needed the boost !!!
LOVE all your undersea creatures. Can't wait to see the turtle.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:15 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by DebraK View Post
sewbizgirl, I know the feeling. Tomorrow, I'm not going anywhere, and the family will be eating leftovers. I like your quilt blocks. you have nice scraps ;-)
Thank you. I've only been quilting for a few years so none of my stash is *too* vintage....
Old 02-15-2014, 09:09 PM

Thanks, Heather!

Everything I've done on this quilt has been wrong, seems like. I cut a lot of strips yesterday only to discover they were a half inch too short. And then those blasted HSTs and pinwheels! But it's been better today. I'm making headway and I think it may look all right when I put the blocks together. I fell in love with the print fabric I bought to go with the HSTs and, like always, am anxious that it be properly showcased. We'll see!

I'm enjoying reading about others' progress and seeing their lovely photos. Virtual quilting is fun. Not quite like having another quilter actually in the house with you, working on her (or his) own project while you work on yours, but encouraging just the same!
Old 02-15-2014, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I'm in, this will be my 1st VQA, I've been working so hard on this quilt for my DH who is out of town so it would be great if I can have it finished when he gets home. It's been on the back burner for months now. Going to to to post a picture. It's called Quiet Corner & is 63"x60", don't ask me how I came up with those dimensions [ATTACH=CONFIG]462612[/ATTACH]

I love this quilt! The fabrics and colors are very like the ones I'm working with.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:15 PM

Pennif great looking quilt so far! Thimblebug I love the balloons too.
I just saw this post this evening. I've been working on my grand niece's Sunbonnet Sue quilt. It's also the quilt I'm making while I follow along on Elizabrat's Medallion Quilt round robin. It's going to have a center block with 4 slightly smaller blocks in the corners. The center block and first border round is done. I've got two of the corner blocks partially done and haven't started the other two yet.
Not too much actual sewing today. I'm doing some embroidery on one of the Sues and it's slow going for me.
Rodney
Old 02-15-2014, 09:40 PM

I am working on a "raggy" quilt for my grandson and it is big! I am clipping, clipping!! When it is finished, I will start a new quilt called Log Cabin Star designed by my sister in law who sent me all t he pieces, cut and ready to sew, along with instructions and step by step. I can hardly wait to see if I can do it. ;-)
Old 02-15-2014, 11:24 PM

Well I did spend yesterday in a quilting situation, encouraging others.
I did the lone star with a group or had been quilting from 2 years to 6 months. This picture is one of my inspiration quilts. All the diamond pieces were cut and lined up for sewing. Speed times varied greatly from some finishing all 8 large diamonds others only put one together. I was very pleased with the result as it is not an easy For some of the ladies.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg