Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Join me for Virtual Quilt Weekend this weekend >

Join me for Virtual Quilt Weekend this weekend

Join me for Virtual Quilt Weekend this weekend

Old 02-16-2014, 04:00 PM

RebeccaS -AMAZING....i LOVE that...
DottyNYC - your color and pattern for your wall hanging are beautiful
Vera - that Storm at Sea....WOW !

Well... today was slow...been feeling off since Friday and don't seem to be able to work very quickly. I am still stuck with the sea turtle..need some kind of plants to set behind to show the color better. Orca is set - but he needs plants too .....just "something"....can't quite figure out what. Ahhhh...have you noticed that while the creatures were planned out - there is a bit of overall planning lack here !! Anyway...gonna leave these 2 for the time being and work on the final block...a dolphin. [ATTACH=CONFIG]462830[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]462831[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails seaturtle.jpg   orca.jpg  
Old 02-16-2014, 04:29 PM

PenniF your blocks are spectacular!

I have the borders finished on my RR I've been working on so will stop & do a little embroidery on a label for awhile. Here's the result, it's getting kind of busy so will try to calm it back down next month's round. [ATTACH=CONFIG]462841[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails feb-round-complete002_edited-small-.jpg  
Old 02-16-2014, 04:57 PM

PenniF, are you drawing your sea creatures or are you using a pattern? They are wonderful and can't wait to see it when you are finished.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:17 PM

I started this disappearing 9 patch last weekend and finished it this weekend. My stepdaughter is expecting her first baby in June, this will be for the baby if it's a girl. Now to make the boy quilt. Yes I could have just made a gender neutral quilt, but this way I get to make two quilts!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]462850[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails floral-disappearing-nine-patch.jpg  
Old 02-16-2014, 07:03 PM

judy5cents -that is so sweet...it has almost a Victorian kind of romantic look. Lucky little girl (if it's a girl).
thimblebug...you are succeeding with the 3D look - i have a touch of vertigo when i look at your quilt - the center seems to have it's own depth.
The sea creatures are my own creations - did a google of free coloring book pictures then adapted accordingly for size and shape. Takes a bit longer, but don't have a clue where i'd go for patterns....and this way i can adapt them to make them as simple as possible.
Hope everyone is staying warm where you are snowed in - and still have power - and are having a fun quilting weekend....Back to work for me.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:56 PM

I have my quilt sandwiched but I have to bow out now, I realized I miss counted on my pain pills and will be out tomorrow until my doctor signs a new refill prescription so I know I will be flat on my back until I can go get the prescription & then have it filled.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:31 PM

Every picture I have seen on all of these pages are just fantastic. I haven't quilted in awhile, but all of this is putting me in the mood. DebraK - sorry I got on so late....but could you give out more info on your Dr. Who quilt. All of family is crazy about this show. One of my great grandsons' hero is Dr. Who. I would really like to look into this. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:26 AM

Yesterday, I started quilting my Chimneys and Cornerstones and then we lost our power.......storm damage.

I have other responsibilities today so I won`t be back here.
Wanted to say how much I enjoyed seeing all your projects. Many thanks to Raggiemom (Heather) for starting this thread.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:34 AM

Just Barb,
here is a link to all the free patterns, http://www.whimsandfancies.com/doctor-who-along/
Old 02-17-2014, 08:55 AM

Well, I pretty much accomplished my goals. I only finished 2 quilts instead of the 3 I had hoped but my 8900 will be visiting the dealer tomorrow so it won't get finished until we figure out what's going on with it. I'm happy with all that I managed to do this weekend. I might piece something on the back-up machine later, after 2 when the Olympics ice dance is done I even filed our taxes this weekend so that's out of the way. I'll plan our next Virtual Quilt Weekend for March 14-16. Hope y'all can make it then!