Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
The joys of sewing with MS..... >

The joys of sewing with MS.....

The joys of sewing with MS.....

Old 06-11-2011, 07:22 AM

I just saw on fons/porter today a tip on putting a piece of pool noodle on the stick you use with a knee/leg control, so its more comfortable and easier to use if the handle it too short for some people to reach. MAybe you can do something like that w/ your foot pedal to make it easier to press. sharet
Old 06-11-2011, 07:59 AM

I'm glad you can laugh about your troubles - and that you shared it with us. Your dog is very patient LOL.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:05 AM

HI, I also have MS. I went fishing with my husband on Sunday and fell out of the large fishing boat.. I was trying to rinse my fingers in the water. I guess I was top heavy...
Old 06-11-2011, 08:10 AM

Great attitude, if we can't make fun of ourselves who can and get away with it.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:22 AM

My youngest son has had leg problems all his life and he learned to sew on an older machine that has a knee pedal instad of a foot one. Might be something you look into as a possiblity.

Originally Posted by pipp5
I've lost a lot of sensation in my feet and legs, makes things like walking a challenge, also kind of hard to know what I'm stepping on. So, I'm sewing tonite, put my foot back on the foo tpedal to resume stitching, my machine won't go, tap it a few more times, still no go. Getting very annoyed by this time (doesn't take long--my sewing room is hot). Tapped a little more aggressively.........the dog finally got up and moved.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:26 AM

It's a joy to hear someone with all of your challenges be able to have and share a sense of humor about it all. God bless you for your wonderful attitude, which is a beautiful inspiration to others.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by mcdor
HI, I also have MS. I went fishing with my husband on Sunday and fell out of the large fishing boat.. I was trying to rinse my fingers in the water. I guess I was top heavy...
OMG!

How frightening. How were you saved? Did you then have to sit in wet clothes until the trip was over? I guess you won't try that again. Will you?
Old 06-11-2011, 08:36 AM

Keep your sense of humor - it helps to get you through the rough days
Old 06-11-2011, 08:49 AM

I held on to the rear of the boat. My husband used our trolling motor to guide the boat to shore. There I was able to walk to a pier and get back in the boat. Yes, my clothes were soaked but I had a towel in the truck to keep warm. My husband was so upset and could not figure out why I fell in.. He made me sit and do nothing until we were home. He took good care of me.. I won't do that again!!
Old 06-11-2011, 09:06 AM

Several years ago I was taking classes on my new Viking Designer 1 and there was a woman who was taking the class for her new quilters edition. She said that she had purchased this machine because it had stop and start push buttons. She said she was planning for the day that her MS progressed to the point where she could no longer use the foot control. I'm sure there are other machines in all price ranges that have this feature.