Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Juki Double Needle Install >

Juki Double Needle Install

Juki Double Needle Install

Old 03-01-2024, 04:10 PM

Don’t forget to try a sample of the stitches first.

I believe the back will have zig zag stitches when a double needle is used. It’s been a while since I used them.
Old 03-01-2024, 04:29 PM

zigzag will be strage though i dont carre how it looks but let me see if i can do settings 1st, manual is bit unclear to me as it says select stitch that supports double needle ... em well like i know which one does, though i needs mad simple application
i just ordered needles but will see if i can concur settings now
Old 03-03-2024, 09:54 AM

Yes, double needles will have a zig zag on the back. There is only one bobbin thread so it has to catch the thread from both needles.
Old 03-03-2024, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by sewingpup View Post
? maybe I am misunderstanding what a side-loading bobbin is but all three of my Bernina's which have a vertical, sideloading bobbin can be used with a double or triple needle. Of course I am limited as to the width of any stitch I use with the two that are 5 mm machines.
Interesting . . . What Bernina's do you have that have side loading bobbins? I've had 5 and all had front loading bobbins.
Old 03-03-2024, 09:58 PM

oh so once i see in car upholstery use 2 bobbins or something? as when i see whats on back of car seats its straight lines and i know they use 2 needles and separation guide in between so it follows exactly in center of 2 sheets stitched togather
Old 03-04-2024, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
Interesting . . . What Bernina's do you have that have side loading bobbins? I've had 5 and all had front loading bobbins.
I am pretty sure mine have the same configuration as yours do. I was thinking side loading ones meant just not the drop in top...but I see what you mean. My long arm has a side vertical bobbin while the berninas would have a front loading vertical bobbin while my Vikings had a top loading drop in bobbin. Yikes. Terminology. I don't even know if I am using the right terms now. I would have to draw pictures! Or would the long arm and the Berninas have a front loading vertical bobbin as the bobbin opening faces me as I use the machine well the Berninas are in the cabinet sideways and the longarm is on the frame nose pointing at me.

Last edited by sewingpup; 03-04-2024 at 07:23 AM.
Old 03-04-2024, 01:32 PM
mkc

Originally Posted by alexus View Post
oh so once i see in car upholstery use 2 bobbins or something?
Yes, the industrial twin needle machines used in auto upholstery have 2 bobbins, one for each needle.