Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: juki question

juki question

I was looking at some Juki sewing machines on Amazon, in the description of one, it read that included is a 1/5 inch quilting foot. Is that a misprint or correct? I think it was a Juki 2010Q. Thanks in advance.

That is correct. I have a Juki TL-98Q and it came with a 1/4" and 1/5" quilting foot.

I have the TL2010q and it came with 2 quilting feet.
    I just want to spend the rest of my life laughing.

Does anyone know why? I have a Juki and have always wondered.

Is that for when instructions tell us to stitch a skinny 1/4" stitch. I had never heard of this before.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Thank you for the information. I'm looking at getting a new machine, and Juki is in the running.

I give you my husband before I'd give you my Juki

I'm also after the Juki 2010. Can't find a place to try one out though. Going to look when we go visiting relatives in the big city next weekend.

My husband tried it out at a shop 2 hours away when we were collecting kits for the Row by Row, and one place an hour away had one - but sold it and has not gotten in another. The place I bought my Handi Quilter carries Juki, but has never had one of these in house.

So hopefully I can find a place to try one out while in the Twin Cities area, but I don't plan on buying one from a dealer so far from home.

If I don't like the Juki, I'll keep using what I have.
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

The 1/4" foot has the same size hole as the 1/5" foot. The difference is the thickness of the surrounding circle. I think it's kinda like the "Glide" foot that HandiQuilter just came out with. If you're quilting on something with thicker batting, this could help prevent puckers by taming just a little bigger circle of the surrounding fabric.
    Annette in Utah

Blog Entries
    Love my juki although it only goes forwards and backwards it has a large throat same size as all their models which is great for free motion. Those with fancy stitches have same size as my model I know because my friend and myself checked all she had in her shop.
    Finished is better than a UFO

And the "compensating" foot does a perfect quarter inch seam...I don't understand the name tho...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by carolaiken View Post
    i give you my husband before i'd give you my juki
    that's hysterical
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
    I'm also after the Juki 2010. Can't find a place to try one out though. Going to look when we go visiting relatives in the big city next weekend.

My husband tried it out at a shop 2 hours away when we were collecting kits for the Row by Row, and one place an hour away had one - but sold it and has not gotten in another. The place I bought my Handi Quilter carries Juki, but has never had one of these in house.

So hopefully I can find a place to try one out while in the Twin Cities area, but I don't plan on buying one from a dealer so far from home.

If I don't like the Juki, I'll keep using what I have.
    I'm in Mississippi and bought My Juki 2010Q from a Ed Raichert in Phoenix AZ, and it wasn't a problem. They gave me the best price I could find, plus shipped for free. I've had the machine three years and love it!

It's a very simple straight stitch mechanical quilting machine, so there isn't a lot to go wrong. It's not like you are going to require a lot of dealer support or service. Just keep it clean and oiled and it works like horse.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I also couldn't find one in NC when I decided to buy. I ordered mine from a sew-n-vac in NY. Delivery was very quick and I got free shipping.

I have the Juki 2010Q and I love it. It is a workhorse. Great stitches and very sturdy. I use it to piece and on my mid-arm quilting frame. I got my other machine fixed and now it stays on the frame. I got mine from Sewing Machine Plus, out of California, great delivery time and great price, customer service is very good. You will love it.

I'm with y'all. It's a terrific machine and I wouldn't hesitate to order it and have it shipped in. It's great right out of the box. No adjustments needed.

I pine for the Juki 2010Q (and or the Janome 6600) This is all good to hear!