Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Juki sewing machines >

Juki sewing machines

Juki sewing machines

Old 12-20-2013, 06:34 AM

Default Juki sewing machines

The Juki sewing machines sound great -- good and strong, quiet, and I heard they are very powerful and will sew through just about everything. However, it is extremely difficult to find a dealer within a hundred miles of where I live! I am worried about how I will get this machine serviced if I have to drive a hundred miles. Does anyone have a Juki sewing machine? I am looking at the HZL F-600.

If you have one, would you please let me know how you like it and if you've had problems with it.

Thank you.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:58 AM

I have the Juki TL 2010Q and love it. But have only had it for a couple of months so don't have any long term advice for you. So far it runs perfect and I have already made 2 quilts on it. It is heavy and seems to be made very well--semi-industrial strength. I do have a local dealer where I bought it, and he said it has been rare for him to see one with problems.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:10 AM

I bought my TL98E in 2004(I think that is the year) and have had zero issues with it. It started out on my quilt frame. I used it on more than a half dozen quilts and then upgraded my frame machine. It has been my primary piecing machine since. I don't think I have ever even had it in for just a check up. I keep it clean and oil as directed. I love this machine..no drama, just wonderful consistant performance.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:19 AM

I have a juki basic for my quilting frame. No problems fantastic machine. My friend is selling juki in her shop and people who have purchased are saying they are wonderful. I believe they do everything.
Only draw back any have said is the weight if transporting to classes. One has broken the bag they transport in. Handle smashed.
I have just been working on one and really enjoyed the experience. One problem I found it fails to let you know when bobbin is empty. Beautiful stitch and easy to programme.

Last edited by DOTTYMO; 12-20-2013 at 07:21 AM.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:12 AM

Go to http://Patternreview.com and do a search on the message boards. There are thousands of posts (literally) on the Juki F600.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:57 AM
Power Poster

I have the Juki TL98QE ( Which means it doesn't have the extension table). First one needed a new motor after one year. I bought the second one and it is the perfect sewing and quilting machine. I bought a sew dream Plexiglas or whatever table for it. It is a straight stitch machine and that is all I need. I have a Babylock Jane straight stitch only machine that I alternate with. Both are great for me machines. Neither have been in the shop for anything. I keep them clean and oiled.
I bought the Juki online. You won't regret getting a Juki.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:03 PM

I have the Juki TL 2010 Q also, for about a year and a half. I like it. Only does straight stitch, but that is what I wanted as it is all I do 99% of the time. The only time I've had a problem was when I got a wrong size bobbin. The difference was subtle, and it took me a trip to the dealer (fortunately local) to figure it out.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:09 PM

Juki makes a wonderful sewing machine, but I have read problems/and praise with HZL line.. You really need to read all the previews you can find.. (I did)..
I have an older Juki TL98E, that I would not give up.. It has the extension table, and wide harp..Heavy duty stuff here..Sure wish it had an auto threader, but alas. I'm so happy with the thread cutter!!
They say Juki drinks oil, so , OK, I give it what it wants. Keep it clean of lint, it will serve you well.
It all depends on what you want, I guess..
Old 12-24-2013, 04:31 AM

I'm also a Juki owner, but not the one you are asking about. I have the 2000 and love it. It's only straight stitch but I have a Janome 4900qc if I ever want to do anything other than straight stitch or need a free arm... That poor Janome has been shelved for almost an entire year. I have used it ONCE since getting the Juki. I love love love my Juki. I swear I get more done because it sews so flipping fast. Once you get used to the speed you'll be sewing like Superman lol. It also makes a great stitch.

The Juki you are looking at is much fancier than the 2000. It's electronic so I'm sure it's a great machine but if all you do is quilting, I'd look at the 2000 or the 2010. It has a wider throat and only does a straight stitch. If you have another machine that can handle the few times you need anything other than a straight stitch, you might be happier with the work horse.
Old 12-24-2013, 06:12 AM

I bought a Juki serger from allbrands.com (my second purchase from the site) and it's a great machine. I'm now looking at the Juki sewing machines to replace an older machine. I'm going to buy my machine from allbrands when I do buy it.