Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
JukiTL2010Q >

JukiTL2010Q

JukiTL2010Q

Old 07-14-2017, 01:13 AM

Default JukiTL2010Q

I've had this machine for a couple of months now and love it, have enjoyed piecing with it, but today for the first time I sat down to do some SITD quilting. So I put the walking foot on, no problem there but the manual says to have the presser foot pressure way down to minimum. Is that correct? Trying to quilt is impossible, my stitches are uneven in length (for the first time), it doesn't seem to feed very definately and consistently and the top fabric is skewed when I've finished my line; possibly because the layers aren't feeding evenly? The walking foot is attached correctly and working so I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. Any other Juki owners out there that can help me? I'm feeling very perplexed and silly!
Old 07-14-2017, 01:26 AM

When using the walking foot on mine, I set the pressure at the dot in between the highest/lowest, not all the way down and have the feed dogs up. If you have the pressure all the way down, it's probably not going to grab properly.
Old 07-14-2017, 03:13 AM

I have never touched the presser foot tension knob whether I'm using the walking foot or not. My pressure foot is set on the center bluish line. It sounds like your's is definitely too tight. Loosen it up and it should correct itself.
Old 07-14-2017, 06:42 AM

I have the 2000 and I do not reset the pressure. First time i used the WF I did follow instructions with the same results you have. I put the pressure back to where it was and it worked fine.
Old 07-14-2017, 02:42 PM

Yep bakermom, after I posted my query I put the pressure back to where I would normally have thought it should be and all is fine! I guess I took the instructions in the manual too, too, literally and should've relied on my own experience a bit more instead. Lovely, helpful people here on the forum...always good advice and opinions to consider to help out with dilemmas!
Old 07-14-2017, 06:54 PM
Power Poster

I am glad someone helped you.