Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
JukiTL2020Q Needle Threader >

JukiTL2020Q Needle Threader

JukiTL2020Q Needle Threader

Old 07-19-2020, 07:49 AM

Yes, it's a dud. Better off to just forget it's there. I did. I also replaced the little straight screw with a larger thumb screw from an older singer machine. So much better than having to get a screwdriver every time. And I can tighten it with a screwdriver if I need.
Old 07-19-2020, 11:59 AM

I have the Juki 2010Q, and find the needle threader to work well provided you do it correctly. Granted, It is not as full proof as other computerized machines, but it does work. As others have mentioned, use your UP/Down button to raise the needle to the right height. Second, after you loop the thread around that back hook and then up in front of the needle, make sure you get your thread in that little plastic groove in front of the needle mechanism, and gently pull thread to the right of it and then back around the right side of the needle. It is like making a U turn from where you first inserted the thread into the hook in
back. You gently release the button, and wallah it is threaded.

Once you know the idiosyncrasies of how to do it, you will get it at least 80-90% of the time. I wish I could draw a picture for you. If you understand what I'm saying, try it, and let me know if it worked for you.

Here is a much better video that will show you how it is done. She shows the needle threading after she shows how to thread the machine. You can click on the Settings symbol on the bottom of the YouTube screen and change the speed down from Normal to either. 50 or 75. This helps see better. Watch it several times. Notice how she holds and positions the tread.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6D5...arlingMushroom

Last edited by Schill93; 07-19-2020 at 12:17 PM.
Old 07-19-2020, 01:41 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for all the replies.
I watched every Youtube video available about 3 years ago.
Well, I rewatched them and suddenly my threader is working!!
I threaded it 3 times yesterday and it worked. Maybe my complaining did something haha
Old 07-19-2020, 07:55 PM

I have the 2200 QVP Mini which is basically the same machine. I've never been able to get the needle threader to work. When I took the guide class, the teacher had problems with it too. I finally just gave up on it.