Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
June Tailor shape cut strip ruler >

June Tailor shape cut strip ruler

June Tailor shape cut strip ruler

Old 08-03-2012, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnLady1 View Post
I love the JT strip cutter -- I hate it when I can't use it. I use the 60mm rotary cutter and I can cut a bunch of strips with ease. I tend to do things backwards -- I find myself going from right to left (starting at the 12"/18") making my math a challenge. It works that way too -- thank goodness.
That's funny because I also go from right to left. When I first got the ruler I tried to go from left to right but it was too awkward.

In addition to cutting strips I also use it for squaring up my blocks. The large surface keeps the blocks from shifting. I love this ruler and wouldn't cut without it! They need to come up with one that is a little sturdier and maybe a little bigger. Also love the HST ruler.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:34 PM

I never cut my strips without it anymore. I have not had a wonky strip since I started using it. To eliviate the flimsy
aspect, first of all, get some sandpaper dots and put them on every 1/2 inch part of the ruler inbetween the cutting tracks at variouse places. Second, stand up and face straight on when you cut. Also make sure that the weight of your
left hand (if you are right handed) is as close as you can safely get to the track you will be running the cutter in. As I said, I have never had a problem.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:38 PM

Location: Standing in front of Walmart begging for fat quarters

Ana says she dabs a little rubber cement on the rulers that don't have grippy stuff. I bought some today to try that!
Old 08-05-2012, 07:39 AM
Power Poster

I thought the ruler was flimsy and it slipped easy so I bought two and used clear packing tape to seal both together around the edges. It's much sturdier and won't slip much at all.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:30 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
I thought the ruler was flimsy and it slipped easy so I bought two and used clear packing tape to seal both together around the edges. It's much sturdier and won't slip much at all.
What a great idea!
Old 08-05-2012, 08:48 AM

I've been looking at this ruler for a long time. It's gotten good reviews, thinking maybe I'll take the plunge and get it. I've been wanting to use it similar to what your plans are.