Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Just finished a baby quilt. . .send it or donate it?

Give it. It looks great.
    Retired teacher, loving it.
    Love quilting also.

Now, that is just too cute. Give it to them. They will love it and use it just as you intended, I'm sure. Do not point out the corner problem because I'll bet, they never even notice it.
    When a dying man asked his pastor "How long does it take to die?" his pastor's heartfelt reply was "A lifetime." Live life to the fullest, but stop now and then to enjoy the sunset.
    Lynda

I think it's adorable, but if YOU'RE not happy with it, don't give it as a gift. Donate it or save it for when the baby visits you, so you'll have a quilt for them to play with. Anyway, I've found that if I don't like something I've made, I don't feel happy about giving it as a gift.

I would sure give it to them. It is so cute. The corners came out different because of the number of squares you used in the border. That would be hard to figure out..

I really think the quilt is very cute, and wouldn't change anything. But....if you wanted to fix it....you could take off the binding on the corners and rip out the quilting enough to free up the corners....take enough off of the border to add a cornerstone in a contrasting fabric (not one of the two colors currently in border).....then it won't matter where the border pattern ends up....stitch it all back together, quilt again, and put binding back in place. You will have a quilt that has that "finished" look. It would be a lot of work, but nothing complicated.

I love the corners. very cute quilt.

It is a darling quilt so go and give it to the intended family. They will just love it. You did a great job!

I like your quilt and think you should give it. It is unique, not flawed, and made with the best of intentions.

Blog Entries
    I agree - your quilt is NOT flawed in the least. You are just very creative, and I think you should give it to the family you intended it to be for.

I think this quilt is adorable! I do see your issue with the corners but they are perfectly all right, just a choice. Give it to whoever you made it for; they'll love it !

I did this once. I sent the quilt anyways and sent a nicer one later. That worked out great because the child could drag it around and play with it without worry. Then there was the nice one later to use and save for when the situation called for it.

I just saw where you were able to upload the picture. How cute it is. YOu are being way to critical of it. I am sure the child and mom will love it.
    Last edited by RedGarnet222; 02-12-2013 at 08:51 AM.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

If you don't tell them there is anything wrong they will probably never notice it. And even if they do, its your artisitic license to changes things.

It's gorgeous. Sent it and remember the love that went into making it.

I'd send it! It just has character...

I'd mail it to who you made it for and hopefully the child will love it so much they wear it out. I know the quilts I've made for my granddaughters, starting as babies, I told my son and their mom, this is to be used until it falls apart. Don't just save it. I'll make more! It's made with love, so love sending it.
    "Impossible is an opinion, not a fact" Cameron Clapp

http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...47687D2C18.png

Thanks, everyone! I am going to send it and not mention the corners. Like several of you suggested I can always make another one and send it later on. The back is minkee and is very soft and it is just the right size to drag around so I'm sure it will get used. That's why I make them. I used to make applique quilts with tons of pieces and they always ended up on the wall (not what I intended). . .so I finally start making really SIMPLE quilts and I mess it up, lol! Just need more practice I guess. Thanks everyone for your support!

I would give it they will love it. I like the colors you used and the corners.

Power Poster
    I'm sure the baby quilt will be loved even if you are not happy with it - after all we are our own worst critics when it comes to our quilts. When doing quilts to be donated to a home similar to a Ronald McDonald house, I made some rather "unusual" quilts in weird colors and they were always appreciated by the recipient.

It looks great to me and I for sure would give it to them. They will love love it.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Give it! They are sure to appreciate it

They'll love it! Go ahead and give it to them.
    Joyce T, RN retired
    Laughter is the best medicine

IMHO, you should give it to whomever it was made. Having said that, people who receive donated quilts may feel especially blessed knowing that someone donated such a beautiful creation.
    Never confuse the will of the majority with the Will of God.

I'd give it to them. They will be tickled. It's a pretty quilt.

Absolutely send it to them! It's cute as anything, and your workmanship is great. If they even notice (which I bet they won't), they will think it's meant to be that way.

It's a great little quilt...send it they will love it too bits. Really pretty fabrics and I love the green.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast