Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it just me?

Whew! I was feeling sooo guilty for sitting at the computer all day (on the board of course) and not a single stitch sewn! In fact haven't been in my sewing room for about a week, promise myself...tomorrow for sure/

Blog Entries
    I *could*, if I didn't spend so much time here!

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    If I get up early every morning I can get an hour of sewing in each day before the rest of the family is up.

I don't sew everyday but I would like to.

Not me. Usually just weekends or when my husband is out of town. When we're home in the evenings together we prefer to spend time with each other. We both work full time +.

I don't sew everyday. Sometimes it's all I can do to just find time to practice piano for my lesson.

I'm a longarm quilter. I stand at the machine most days quilting other people's quilts.

I hand quilt or hand sew most times in the evening, sitting here in my cozy chair. And maybe 2 or 3 mornings a week, I get to machine sew for a little while on my own projects. Every little bit of time spent with thread and fabric is good. It's like therapy-- very relaxing and energizing.

I sew mostly on the weekends, at least one full day. I work full time too and by the time I get done with the everyday after work normal stuff it's late or I just don't feel like it.

I sew when I'm in the mood for it and have the time to do so. I don't always have time when I am in the mood...I am not always in the mood when I have time. I go through fits and spurts...a week or two where I'll sew every spare minute I get, then a week or two where I only see my machine in passing on my way to do laundry. lol Right now I'm in the midst of a "plenty of time, not in the mood" spurt. It's because I have a LOT of pressing that I need to do before I can move on in my current project...and I hate pressing. I need to get going on it, though, because I just ordered fabric for a customer quilt, and the current one is for my 5yo DD...I don't want to put hers on the back burner while I do the customer quilt and I don't want any projects sitting on the sidelines mocking me while I'm trying to focus on my first customer quilt, lol.

Blog Entries
    I am so bad that recently while on a cruise (not a quilting one)I had to take along fabric cutting board and needles and thread; so I could hand sew.
    Then we spent a month in Virginia and I sewed every day on a machine I left at a friends house so I would have one to work on while I visited.
    Perhaps I need counseling?......

Work 4 days a week and work in sewing in on my days off when possible. I have to work to support my quilting habit. LOL!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by azwendyg
    I can't sew every day either; my paying job cuts into my fun-time WAY too much!
    ditto!! :thumbup:

I just think about sewing every day. I hope that counts. I looked though some patterns looking for something today. Does that count?

Blog Entries
    It counts! At least in my book it does.

Blog Entries
    pab58 The kitten is too cute.

Quote Originally Posted by GagaSmith
    I can't sew everyday. I spend too much time here.
    Yes :shock: thats my problem too but not always a bad thing I do learn here too and no seam ripper

I am laid off and could sew every day But I have to say other than remaking a pair of drapes I have not sewn for almost a month and I have two projects to get done by May!! I spend all day surfing on here!

I work 12 hour days so I don't have the get up and go to quilt when I get home. I sew on my days off though.

I sew 5-6 days a week, I really miss it when I don't sew.

I sew almost every day because it's my job. Good thing I love it 'sew' much!

Blog Entries
    Sometimes I will sew every day for two or three weeks, then I might go just as long without sewing a stitch. Whenever I have free time...

I try to, but due to the current dry spell and strong easterly winds I have to bucket water my plants if they are to survive. Like Gal, I have decided to handpiece in the evenings if I can...I have a GFG which I really want to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by GagaSmith
    I can't sew everyday. I spend too much time here.
    Lol! what she said!

kbs
    Before I retired I thought I would sew every day but days go by without sewing, sometimes time slips by or the mood doesn't come.

I generally sew every day. Travel, illness and other deadlines get in the way but I've sewn every day since last September.

That's not marathon sessions. I just thought it would be fun to see if I could sew a single block every day and for how long. When I'm busy, I make a 2" block. I print them out in bulk and way in advance. If I have time for TV or helping an annoying neighbor with something or going online, then I have time to sew.

I have diminished eyesight and a serious health problem so my time feels limited. Sew as much as I want while I can. And, maybe if I'm lucky, I'll get sick of it so I won't miss it.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast