Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it just me?

Blog Entries
    I am home on permanent disability so I do get to sew everyday. I would lose my mind if I couldn't sew everyday. I use the machine or work on a project I have that I need to sew by hand. There were many, many years that I worked outside the home and couldn't sew. I hate that I am unable to work any longer but, I love that I can now sew when I want.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Challys
    I'm just wondering if I am absolutely the only person on this board that doesn't sew every single day? I sew a couple of days a week, but so many seem to indicate if they have a day without sewing, it is quite an event!
    Nope, don't sew EVERY day, but would like to. Now that I have a machine upstairs I may be able to sneak in for a few minutes a day. I'm working on it.

I stay at home, but I don't sew every day.

I don't normally sew on my work stretch..but when I'm off, I usually get 2-3 days in... :)

Blog Entries
    I too do not get to sew everyday. I work full time and sew when I can. Although right now I am sewing everyday b/c I have king rag quilt to finish before next Saturday for someone.

Super Member pumpkinpatchquilter's Avatar
    No it's not just you. I don't sew everyday either. I sew a lot, but I go in spurts. Sometimes I just can't find time to get to the sewing machine, other times I'm just not in the mood. Some days I'm so tired when I have some free time, vegging out in front of the tv just feels like a better way to spend my time! Lol*

Blog Entries
    Every so often a binge hits and my machine and I become velcroed ............. otherwise it's a few stitches here and a few stitches there. I also keep some handwork closeby as that fills the need when I'm doing something mindless (such as watching TV with the Hubby).

When I worked, I usually only sewed on weekends. Now that I'm retired and have moved to a condo, I seem to sew a little bit every day. I like the escape and the creativity.

I sew for fun!!! It is not my job. I enjoy sewing, but I also enjoy other things, like reading, and cooking so NO I do not sew everyday. Some days' more than others

I don't sew every day. Sometimes I just don't feel like it, or sometimes I am doing other things.

Every day! If we are going away and I don't have a sewing machine there, I either take hand work or drag along my little Gem. Even when I worked I had to sew a little bit every day. It's an addiction!!

I wouldn't worry about not being able to sew everyday. I am retired so I have the time (and the inclination) for sewing everyday. It just depends on what each individual has to deal with every day. If you have a family and a job it would be difficult to sew every day unless you didn't go to bed at night. Just be thankful of the time you can sew and be creative. Jeanniebelle

I don't sew everyday. The mood doesn't hit me everyday. 2 days a week, I bake bread and pies. DH loves homemade, and he is so worth it.

I havent sewn in a week, been rearranging sewing room, cleaning it out. Feeling like a hoarder. But as soon as its done(today) I'm back to sewing everyday. But I sell the things I sew so its my job to sew everyday.

I am retired but I have too many interests to sew everyday - I just enjoy what I do

I have other things to do, like clean!

I do try to sew about 2 hours each night - but I average about 4 nights a week and maybe 1 day on the weekend. All my kids are grown up, so after dinner I have a nice "pieceful" night with my quilting.

Senior Member Karen's Kreations's Avatar
    Same with me. I don't sew everyday - maybe 2 or 3 times/week. I do knit every day - usually in the evening when I watch tv with my husband.

I do sew most days sometimes just 10 or 20 minutes sometimes a full day if there are promises to be kept.

Blog Entries
    I wish, also, but work does interfere way too much!

Quote Originally Posted by GagaSmith
    I can't sew everyday. I spend too much time here.
    LOL! Yep, it's true...the qb cuts into sewing time for all of us! I work 2 jobs. I don't have much time to sew, but try to get some time once a week or so.
    Blessings,
    MaryAnna

I work full time, sowhey I find the time to sew, I really enjoy it
    can't imagine having time to sew every day - maybe when I retire in a few years

I am retired so I get to sew everyday. I always worked two jobs so having the time now is wonderful and a true gift.

i dont usually sew everyday, unless i need to get a project done, then i am sewing a bit each night...other than that, i spread out my sewing to a few nights a week, so i have time to say hello to the husband!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....gina

You are not alone. I work full time so it is difficult to get much sewing in except on the weekends.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast