Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Just purchased a new Juki >

Just purchased a new Juki

Just purchased a new Juki

Old 04-17-2014, 07:36 AM

Default Just purchased a new Juki

I have never really bonded with my Janome 6500 for piecing and it really does not like bulky items!!! but I will try using it for FMQ. I decided to buy a Juki HZL-F600. It has good reviews and I am really hoping that I will love this one!!!! I have been using my Brother Machine from Walmart for piecing and I do like it but really want something I love.

I finally have my dedicated sewing space, I received my Koala cabinet 2 weeks ago, and I am enjoying being able to actually work on quilts for a change!!! Maybe one day I will be as good as all of you!!!!
Old 04-17-2014, 08:27 AM

Test driving the machines first, is really important to make sure it suits your needs.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:38 AM

I tried out the hzl f400 (one step down from the f600) at my local dealer the other week and fell completely in love with it! It was almost magical! Although I am used to using a cheap Singer so it was VERY different to what I am used to using! I am now saving up my pennies for it (its going to take a lot of pennies!)
I hope you love it!
Old 04-17-2014, 08:46 AM

Congratulations!!
Old 04-17-2014, 12:04 PM

Congrats on your new machine, also on you Koala furniture! That's going the extra step to be a happy sewer. You'll love your Juki.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:21 PM

Default I wish

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Test driving the machines first, is really important to make sure it suits your needs.
I wish that there were more dealers that were not so far away so I could test drive more machines!!! Living in a rural area most are over a 2 hr drive plus away .......Joann's have Vikings and Singers that is as close as a "dealer" I have found. I do not even have quilt shops near me so I am left out there too!! I hope that I really really really love my Juki!!!
Old 04-17-2014, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by tallchick View Post
I wish that there were more dealers that were not so far away so I could test drive more machines!!! Living in a rural area most are over a 2 hr drive plus away .......Joann's have Vikings and Singers that is as close as a "dealer" I have found. I do not even have quilt shops near me so I am left out there too!! I hope that I really really really love my Juki!!!
I bought my f-600 without sewing with it first and I loved it. I love Juki's, they are wonderful machines.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:42 PM
Power Poster

I have a Juki TL98QE and love it very much. It is a straight stitch only machine. Sews a wonderful stitch and great for FMQ. Jukis are workhorses, just need to be oiled and cleaned. I have made many quilts on mine. I use a straight stitch only Babylock Jane and the same goes for it.
I am sure you will love your machine.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:17 AM

Sew exciting! Enjoy your machine I traded a Janome horizon 7700 for my straight stitch Juki TL2010 and haven't looked back! I smile whenever I sit down to sew on my Juki )) I wish you the same ~
Happy sewing
Jae
Old 04-18-2014, 09:02 AM

I really really disliked my Janome 6500. I now have a Juki TL 98Q that I bought from a quilting buddy who wasn't using it (can't imagine why?) as it is a wonderful machine. I kept my Janome but hardly ever touch it as the Juki stitches so much better. I have considered selling the Janome and buying the Exceed 600 so let us know what you think of it.