Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Just thought I'd share this.... >

Just thought I'd share this....

Just thought I'd share this....

Old 11-04-2011, 03:27 PM

Wonderful thought! Thanks for sharing with us.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:31 PM

brilliant and so true
Old 11-04-2011, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by noveltyjunkie View Post
The sentiment certainly applies to negativity within relationships etc. You can't move on if you are nursing grudges.

But I don't think it is right to extrapolate too widely with it ! Lots of people are experiencing real loss over the change, and they need to be dealt with a bit more kindly, in my opinion. Equating the beloved old board with 'junk' is not really helpful. It may have been junk to the techies, but we need to remember that it was not junk to the people who loved it.
That's a very literal interpretation of a concept that just happens to use the word "junk"... though I would certainly associate the word "junk" with all the negativity I've seen on this board over a change in format. Unfortunately, those strong negative reactions only fueled a fire and it grew way out of proportion IMHO. Hosting a website is not an easy job (I've done several) and I can't imagine the extra headaches of having a forum. I extend my sincere appreciation for the creators, owners, moderators, etc. of this board for hanging in there and working above and beyond the call of duty to address as many concerns as possible. If you really think of the 'old' board as 'beloved' and this board is not, what does that say for the PEOPLE here? It's the PEOPLE who make this board, not the background or the buttons... and the people are still here. The "junk" is the negativity breeding more negativity, not the board.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
true.... but, how do i post a new topic, and other great stuff like that, i'm computer handicapped
It's easy to post a new topic... click on home, click on the section you want the topic, and there's a big blue button for posting a new topic. Try one and see how easy it is!
Old 11-04-2011, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
Yesterday's junk was new at one time, and is still new for some. Making something harder to understand is not always the best way to improve things!
Well, I'm constantly telling DH, who sells "technology", that I hate technology, but it certainly changes daily and I fight against it as long as possible. I still have "cell phone" --- I can make phone calls and send text messages... and I only have a camera because you pretty much can't find a phone without one anymore..... and this new format isn't really hard to understand.... just take a deep breath and poke around. Pretend it really is a new place you've never been so that you aren't looking for anything in particular and start clicking away. You'll get used to it in time. Just don't give up! This is a great community with great folks that are willing to help.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:47 PM

I thought it was always for the good that our minds are challenged, it keeps us young.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:50 PM

Very Appropriate!!
Old 11-04-2011, 07:13 PM

That's a GOOD one!
Old 11-04-2011, 09:10 PM

Thanks for shaing. That fits.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:49 PM

A worthwhile sentiment for life. Good work going on here.