Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: just wanted to say....

just wanted to say....

You're quilts are all gorgeous! I don't usually reply to picture postings, but I check the forum several times a day.
    I am always amazed at the beautiful quilts everyone makes. While looking at them, I'll think of a reply, but when I scroll down, someone else has already said what I was thinking.
    Just wanted you all to know your quilts are amazing, even though I don't post about them.

Aren't they though!! You can get so much inspiration from looking at all the pictures. Better than a book or magazine.

You are all very talented, I hope I can be as talented someday!

I don't post to every picture, but I want to ;-) I love everyone sharing their work, and the general helpfulness of this quilting forum.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

I'm one that also looks at the pictures every day but don't reply to them every day. Everyone does such wonderful work and the members on here are so helpful!

add me to the above list... I read (and especially look at the pictures) every day. Usually someone else has already said what I would say and often much more eloquently.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbaraTX View Post
    ... While looking at them, I'll think of a reply, but when I scroll down, someone else has already said what I was thinking....
    you should post anyway. the member who has put all of that work into the creation will be happy to know that other members are enjoying it.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

When I look at the pictures I will post what my first thoughts are - even though others have said the same thing. Guess if we are thinking the same thing then we are in good company!!

I post a lot to the pictures.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I wish I had the time to sit and post to all the pics. lol. Just the fact that it's yours and it's completed makes it wonderful. I really wish that it was easier going thru all the threads. I know I've missed a bunch. I do look at the pics. I post on some, but I wouldn't get anything done if I sit on the board all day. I hope I'm not the only one who feels this way;

Blog Entries
    I read the QB daily and may not post, but I scroll down and read what others write. I know I appreciate thoughtful comments made by others about my quilts and when I am really inspired, I will take the time to write a note to the sender. I try to make my comments meaningful and most often I thank the quilter for sharing and inspiring. This is where I have learned so much and get so many ideas.
    Murphy1
    For our wonderful Golden Retriever adopted in March of 2010.

I am in agreement with the statement. Most of the quilts I see are AMAZING

Thanks for saying what a lot of us have been thinking. You are all such an inspiration to beginning quilters.

Blog Entries
    Ditto to all of the above!!!

I also look at and enjoy the quilts that are posted on this board. I don't post to all because someone else has
    said what I would say. The quilts are beautiful.

Blog Entries
    Your opinion is just as valuable as anyone else's. You've all heard the saying "great minds think alike". Don't be deterred as I'm sure the quilt makers appreciate all comments.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    So beautiful and so many ideas. It can be overwhelming.

I am with you BarbaraTX. I read this board daily but do not reply, everyone has said it all and I am just amazed at the beautiful quilts. I get my daily laugh, cry or whatever by being here.
    Hello from Iowa. I love to read each of these topics, where yes, there are lol, tears and omg.Renee

Blog Entries
    Definitely not the only one... I'm a very new quilter (feels like I'm cheating calling myself a quilter), and am interested in what everyone has to say and all the photos, etc. I spend half the day on the board and half at my machine. Thank goodness I'm retired and have the time for my new hobby. Thank goodness I have a hobby! Don't know what I'd do withmyself (although I have a husband and 4 dogs). Moved to Jocotepec, Mexico 2 years ago, having moved from Los Angeles. I do charity sewing and now will quilt. Great board - thanks for something to look forward to!

Barbara

Quote Originally Posted by TootsieScott View Post
    Thanks for saying what a lot of us have been thinking. You are all such an inspiration to beginning quilters.
    and helpful, and willing to share your hard earned knowledge to all of us regardless of
    abilities/knowledge. Thanks to all of you for sharing your beautiful items and information.
    Anne

I am constantly amazed at the creativity and imagination displayed here on the board. I don't always post to the pictures, either, but I seem to post fairly often.

I look every day too all are beautiful! This will sound crazy but I feel like a lot of time I don't have the energy to reply! I hate this fibro.

I try to post a positive reply to all that I look at. You never know when one of us needs an extra pat on the back because it's just one of those days!

You're quilts are all gorgeous! I don't usually reply to picture postings, but I check the forum several times a day.
    I am always amazed at the beautiful quilts everyone makes. While looking at them, I'll think of a reply, but when I scroll down, someone else has already said what I was thinking.
    Just wanted you all to know your quilts are amazing, even though I don't post about them.
    Same goes for me! Ireally appreciate it when QB'rs post pics.....quilts and sewing rooms, purses, etc.....I usually just drool but like Barbara TX, I don't always leave a comment, but rest assured.....I'm really drooling over here! Please, please, please, keep the pics coming!!

YOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! If you want to make a comment, make it. No matter how many times the same sentiment had been expressed before.

Now, start responding as you go along----------and don't read ahead! tee hee.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast