Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Just wondering if.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    I started mine last night and just finished it! I used 2 1/2" squares, added a 1" border and bound it. It is big enough for a table topper so it will be going to the MIL. The colors in the picture aren't true. It is an off white and primitive red and blues.
    Oh, my, it turned out beautiful!! Terri did hers in purple. I haven't even started mine yet. I went to church and to my mama's today. But, I'll be posting mine soon. GREAT JOB!!!
    A finished quilt excites me!! Whether is it mine or yours!

how fantastic! i was just writing to someone on the board about americana fabrics! i made mine BIG to cover my table outside, its glass and i want to pad it pretty good. i live with two male species who aren't the most delicate things in the world! im not too fond of the fabrics but the concept is great! i think i will do one in 2.5 in pieces. that i think would make a 16 in block wish some sashing and cornerstones? i think it would look just great at least 3 across? 4? heck i might even have to do this by hand. now all i need is cream, blue, and americana red/maroon. AHEM! i think i need to buy some fabric from someone on this board!! im in to play i think it will be alot of fun! anyways, here it is in all its glory. ive got stuff stacked 4 deep on my wall now; i really need to quilt them but i need batting, backing, and aurifil! my lqs is out for two weeks so i can just create the tops and doodle on my paper!Name:  003.JPG
Views: 242
Size:  741.2 KB
    A rolling stone gathers no moss

I just finished binding two table toppers for the 4th of July. I am also working on a quilt for a solider, I am free motion quilting it right now and needed a break.

Just tell people you did it on purpose to see if anyone would notice.

Blog Entries
    Can't wait to see them all done. I love the pattern and will be giving it a try.
    Kathleen

Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone....NOT your housework!

Looks like it'd be pretty! I'm working on an all "blues" dresden for my son's wedding gift. Have 5 different blues, only have 5 plates made so far, but all the blades cut already. I think I'm gonna call it "the dresden blues"
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

No I am not because I'm Canadian eh! But I like the way you drafted your pattern. It's what my daughter would call old school. I'm a big fan of old school techniques their good for our brains!

Blog Entries
    I think is will be wonderful.
    SMILE- it will make everyone wonder what you are up to.
    Stay strong and keep looking up.

Cool 4th of July in the Midwest 2012

I made a seasonal cover for my mailbox to cheer up the neighborhood. Our 4th of July community events are cancelled due to the great heat wave of 2012.

In Jan'08, I suffered a traumatic brain injury in a car accident. I think the docs put me in the 'miracle' category. It seems like I got back my love, and ability to sew.
    Right after the accident, the nuclear power school down in Charleston, for the Navy, let my son, who was a 'student' there, come to see me. I have no recollection of that.
    That, plus being able to sew, made me think, there must have been a reason things turned out so well, so I looked into the Quilts of Valor program. I never actually contacted them, because one thing that happened during the accident, is that I just do not do well with deadlines of any kind (my husband is really good at not expecting dinner to be at dinnertime) This was a couple of months ago. Plus, I HATE people depending on me to do something and I was afraid that might happen.

Background history - I raised basenjis, and sent my girl down to VA to be bred. Of course I wouldn't have sent her if I did not feel totally comfortable with the gal, and I do remember a few of years ago she said on the basenji list, how proud she was of her son, he had joined the army. I honestly cannot remember if it was before or after my accident.
    Then, a few days ago, it seemed she just said it in passing, she mentioned on the basenji list, that he had a traumatic brain injury from an IED while he was over in Afghanistan, and how his wife is such a good wife.
    That was it, what I was to do now! So right now I'm going through patterns to decide what to make for him. I have told no one that I plan to do this until now, so there are no deadlines. Perfect!
    I also learned they had a couple of basenjis from their mom, so I'm thinking of a quilt, with a basenji on the label.

It's just by chance it all happened around the 4th, but I am planning to make it a red, white and blue themed quilt
    You know that feeling when you've finished all your quilting projects and your studio is perfectly clean???? Me neither.

It's not how fast you sew, it's how well you sew fast! Wait, I think that's supposed to be MOW!

I'm not working on anything for the 4th. We are too tied down with other types of commitments right now. But I like your pattern and bet it will look great. Hope you post a picture of it after your project is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
    That's a wonderful idea and I love it!

Years ago, I bought some beautiful fabrics, in dark red, navy, and off-white. At the time, I was just making blocks, so didn't get that much of them. For the past year, I've been watching for similar (go-together) fabrics, to make a r/w/b quilt. Still looking but haven't given up.
    I have already used those colors to make a quilt for my grandson who was joining the Marines upon high school graduation. The off white was almost beige. It was very effective with the dark red and the navy. I had used the rail fence pattern (hope I've got the name right). Can't wait to see your quilt. Good luck,
    One step at a time, always forward.

Quote Originally Posted by RugosaB View Post
    In Jan'08, I suffered a traumatic brain injury in a car accident. I think the docs put me in the 'miracle' category. It seems like I got back my love, and ability to sew.
    Right after the accident, the nuclear power school down in Charleston, for the Navy, let my son, who was a 'student' there, come to see me. I have no recollection of that.
    That, plus being able to sew, made me think, there must have been a reason things turned out so well, so I looked into the Quilts of Valor program. I never actually contacted them, because one thing that happened during the accident, is that I just do not do well with deadlines of any kind (my husband is really good at not expecting dinner to be at dinnertime) This was a couple of months ago. Plus, I HATE people depending on me to do something and I was afraid that might happen.

Background history - I raised basenjis, and sent my girl down to VA to be bred. Of course I wouldn't have sent her if I did not feel totally comfortable with the gal, and I do remember a few of years ago she said on the basenji list, how proud she was of her son, he had joined the army. I honestly cannot remember if it was before or after my accident.
    Then, a few days ago, it seemed she just said it in passing, she mentioned on the basenji list, that he had a traumatic brain injury from an IED while he was over in Afghanistan, and how his wife is such a good wife.
    That was it, what I was to do now! So right now I'm going through patterns to decide what to make for him. I have told no one that I plan to do this until now, so there are no deadlines. Perfect!
    I also learned they had a couple of basenjis from their mom, so I'm thinking of a quilt, with a basenji on the label.

It's just by chance it all happened around the 4th, but I am planning to make it a red, white and blue themed quilt
    Congratulations for being so courageous and determined. I don't do well with deadlines either, but I just try to keep on "plugging along" until I get the job done. My grandson's graduation quilt is already two months late, but he knows he'll get it when it's done. I like your idea of just not saying anything about it until it's done. Great idea. For his graduation, I made a special card with the title of the quilt and samples of the fabrics arranged on the card. He was so delighted. His thank you note expressed his appreciation and his encouragement. One of these days I want to make a QOV, but I'm sure it won't be soon. Our guild's project is to make QOVs for our November meeting. Don't know if I'll make that deadline, but I'm surely going to try.

Quote Originally Posted by GailG View Post
    Congratulations for being so courageous and determined. I don't do well with deadlines either, but I just try to keep on "plugging along" until I get the job done. My grandson's graduation quilt is already two months late, but he knows he'll get it when it's done. I like your idea of just not saying anything about it until it's done. Great idea. For his graduation, I made a special card with the title of the quilt and samples of the fabrics arranged on the card. He was so delighted. His thank you note expressed his appreciation and his encouragement. One of these days I want to make a QOV, but I'm sure it won't be soon. Our guild's project is to make QOVs for our November meeting. Don't know if I'll make that deadline, but I'm surely going to try.
    OOPs! So sorry about the double post. Actually didn't know how to correct it.

Quote Originally Posted by #1piecemaker View Post
    I was just wondering if anybody is working on anything to commemorate the 4th of July. I copied this pattern down a long time ago. I think from one that might have been posted here on this board that I think is pretty neat. I'm in the process of cutting my fabric now. WARNING! The drawing is crude. I plan to make it in (of course ) red, white and blue. What do you think?

This block is along the lines of the Nancy's Fancy I'm going to do for my great-granddaughter.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    I love the block everyone is doing. I am going to make one now. I think it is so nice looking. Thanks everyone for sharing their blocks!
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RugosaB View Post

I don't do deadlines good either. I hate them. It seems to turn something I love into a job. You have an amazing story. Good luck to you!!! Hope you improve with time. My hubby wouldn't know what to do if he ate regular either. heheheh! Good luck on your project. Sounds wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by GailG View Post
    OOPs! So sorry about the double post. Actually didn't know how to correct it.
    LOL!

Another result of the brain injury is short term memory problems, so I often repeat myself, not sure if I already said something.
    Let's just say I didn't read the first one, I won't know any different!
    You know that feeling when you've finished all your quilting projects and your studio is perfectly clean???? Me neither.

It's not how fast you sew, it's how well you sew fast! Wait, I think that's supposed to be MOW!

I made a small tabletopper in response to Piecemaker's challenge and posted about my problems with quilting it but the QB moved my post to Pictures. Thanks, Piecemaker, for commenting on it, by the way. I'm going to see if I can also post a photo here. I'd never used this pattern before; it was fun to make. Thanks for looking!Name:  4th Tabletopper & Mistywood pics 019.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  1.23 MBName:  4th Tabletopper & Mistywood pics 020.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  1.22 MB

Blog Entries
    You are welcome. I still think its terrific!! This pattern is great isn't it?

jme
    I made my aunt a red, white, and blue log cabin quilt because she hosts our family pic-nic every year. I also made me and my 2 step daughters matching skirts.
    JME

Fabric makes me happy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2