Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Just wondering.

Does anyone else hate binding a quilt? Love piecing and quilting, but seems to take me forever to get around to binding it. I just don't like binding. Is it just me? or does anyone else have this problem too?

I like hand binding the back. I find it relaxing to do. The part I dislike is the basting, but that is because I have no where to do it.

Me!!!

I dislike handwork most of the time, but I love hand quilting.

pab

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Country1
    Does anyone else hate binding a quilt? Love piecing and quilting, but seems to take me forever to get around to binding it. I just don't like binding. Is it just me? or does anyone else have this problem too?
    I have too many UFOs' just for this reason pab

Blog Entries
    Yes, it is my least favorite part. I however, have a friend that loves to do it and sometimes takes my big quilts anddoes it for me. I sew it on, she does the hand work.

Quote Originally Posted by Country1
    I do mine totally by machine & get it done a whole lot quicker this way. Works for me!...

Blog Entries
    I don't like making the binding. All that ironing, takes forever. But once It goes on it goes pretty quick. Did a binding yesterday. Daughter would come in every 20 min or so and make fun of how fast it gets hand sewn. My problem is once it is done, I don't have anything to sew. So im busily working on my next top now.

It's making the binding that drives me crazy!!!! It never goes as easy as it should-inspite of watching lots of videos on making bias binding. I enjoy handsewing it to the back, though.

I like hand sewing the binding to the back of the quilt but I hate to give up serious quilt time to do it. So I have several quilts languishing on the side lines waiting to be finished. I think I'll take them with me when I visit my mother over Easter. I can sew the bindings while we catch up.

I really , really do not like doing the binding. All the mystery of the process is gone by that stage . No more wondering how it will all turn out. Just no excitment in doing a binding.
    I machine all of my bindings , so I can get it done and on to the next quilt. If I hand sewed my bindings I would do alot less quilts. Just not a great way to end the project.

I don't mind any of it.

I love hand sewing the binding to the back of the quilt. There's just something about sitting there with the quilt draped over me hand sewing that makes me feel good.

I don't mind hand stitching the binding. I like to have something to do in front on the tv in the evenings.

I presently have 4 quilts just laying there waiting to be binded, but I can't bring myself to do it.

Blog Entries
    You are not alone!

I don't mind the binding at all. Of course I don't do bias. My quilts don't need to be collectors items so it doesn't matter.

The part I hate is the actual quilting. I don't get any enjoyment out of it at all! In fact almost brings on a panic attack!

I agree,binding is my least favorite part of the process.

Can I ask how long it takes most of you to hand sew on a binding? I haven't done a lot of quilts - maybe 15 or so - but it seems to take me FOREVER to do the binding. Does it just take practice to get better/faster?

Blog Entries
    I love doing the hand work on my binding because that means another quilt is getting finished.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cmworrall
    Can I ask how long it takes most of you to hand sew on a binding? I haven't done a lot of quilts - maybe 15 or so - but it seems to take me FOREVER to do the binding. Does it just take practice to get better/faster?
    On an average I spend about an hour on each side, on a king it can take up to two hours a side.

I really like doing the binding, my husband is a TV junkie and I'm not so it gives me an excuse to sit down with him and watch TV. We're actually in the same romm, I.m not downstars sewing while he is upstairs watching tv.

I really hate to sew the bindings on. Fortunately, I have TWO (how blessed am I) wonderful friends who are kind enough to do that for me. Then I happily sit and hand hem away. In return I am happy to hem theirs. Works for us!

For years I hated it too. But then I thought, what could I do to make this more enjoyable. Decided to rent a movie or two and bind. Also, I realize this is like a kiss good bye in many cases. I may or may not see this quilt again. Happy quilting maybe I should say binding.

I do not do the "H" (hand) word.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast