Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Is it justified? >

Is it justified?

Is it justified?

Old 01-12-2010, 02:36 PM

Pam, that sounds so awesome! If you can't tell, we are all very excited for you and can hardly wait to see all of the quilts you will get done!
Old 01-12-2010, 07:30 PM

Quick - go get that room ready, paint, welcome sign and its first quilt waiting.....
Old 01-12-2010, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
That is so cute, Tiffany. Great quilting too.

I just talked to the shop I bought it from and he was really nice. He said he had it there to ship but thought he would offer me a deal. He has a Queen Quilter that was on layaway that fell through and he can sell it to me for only $500 more. He said it has a better frame and better electronics than the Tin Lizzie 18 (one reason why the 18 is being closed out), the stitch regulator is better too. So... I got the Queen Quilter.

If I have a problem I ship it back in the box and they pay shipping. Free servicing. They have 15 employees, including 3 mechanics and experienced quilters, and any question or problem they will help me with. If there is a problem they can't solve over the phone I ship it back for free to be fixed.

Best of all he says I should receive it on Thursday!!
Wow, that's wonderful! :thumbup:

Thanks pittsburgpam! The main thing I learned with this quilt was how to carefully go back over my line of stitching and not veer off course. The first few leaf veins look like a drunk did them but I quickly improved.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:45 PM

Wouldn't you know it... My son called tonight asking if he could stay at my house during the week. He's working on a job an hour from me but is several hours from his place. I told him he can have the small bedroom because the big one is going to have a quilting machine in it.

He can also help me move the bed out and set up the machine. :-)
Old 01-12-2010, 07:46 PM

Tiffany, I've seen the videos of going back over a line and I think that would be hard to do neatly.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:02 PM

PAM I am so happy for you. I KNOW you will do well quilting on it because you are such an awesome, meticulous quilter. I always enjoy seeing your projects. ENJOY IT, I think you made a wise decision.

Margie
Old 01-13-2010, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
Tiffany, I've seen the videos of going back over a line and I think that would be hard to do neatly.
I was actually surprised at how quickly I picked it up. Of course I had to slow down, something I kept having to remind myself to do over and over. Thankfully I have a button on my machine that allows me to set the speed and I was able to force myself to go slowly. Of course, likely I'll have to repractice this on my next piece. ;)

Pam - I'd say your son has perfect timing! Once he's done with moving the bed and stuff, hand him the vacuum. ;)
Old 01-13-2010, 11:34 AM

lol... Thanks for reminding me.

But that also has me envisioning walking back and forth in front of, or behind, the machine and the wear and dirt on the carpet. I have some old area rugs in the garage and it might be good to put one over the carpet.