Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Kaleidoscope quilts >

Kaleidoscope quilts

Kaleidoscope quilts

Old 05-05-2009, 01:20 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quilter1962
Little Hud

Batteries on my camera are well & truly dead, so I have put them on charge will post pics tomorrow for you. :wink:

Tisha
I have been there. It seems mine is always dead when I want it. Then there is the great search for good batteries. Of course I never have the size I need. LOL
Old 05-05-2009, 09:38 PM

I found a fun thing when I made a Kaleidoscope quilt. If you take two mirrors about 6 x 8 or so and lay them with the mirrors touching...tape them with masking tape down one side so they open like a book..

You can sit the mirrors on your fabric and open them until you see the full circle of eight images and you can see what your quilt blocks will look like when finished. I have made several and have found sometimes the ugliest fabric makes the most interesting quilt.

Good luck...they are fun. Each block is so unique.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:55 PM

Little Hud

Here are the pics I promised you - please take into account that they aren't all sewn together yet.
I have used dark green for the initial background for each individual Kaleidescope (star effect pattern) I thought it was apt as the main fabric used has bird houses on it & the green fabric is a fir tree print. What I am now trying to find is a marbled type of fabric to match the birdhouse fabric. Wish me luck LOL.

Tisha
Attached Thumbnails attachment-24441.jpe   attachment-24442.jpe   attachment-24443.jpe  
Old 05-05-2009, 09:56 PM

Just 2 more pics.

Tisha
Attached Thumbnails attachment-24444.jpe   attachment-24446.jpe  
Old 05-06-2009, 06:01 AM

Your block is great and I absolutely LOVE the fabric. Birdhouses are my thing! I painted a birdhouse wall mural in my kitchen. I had birdhouses of all shapes and sizes hanging in the house and on the porch but haven't put them back since I took them down to decorate at Christmas. I also have a birhouse wall hanging to do called Sunflower Cafe' and joined a BOM - Birdhouse Village. So..... that being said.... can you tell me where you got your fabric..... the manufacturer....... and the name?
Old 05-06-2009, 06:07 AM

I make the triangle Kaleidoscope blocks, and don't always put in a spacer, just arrange them next to each other. This is a favorite pattern and I love the color play with differnt patterns. Just be sure to use something that has definite detail and lots of color. But I have not seen one that I don't like! :lol:
Old 05-06-2009, 10:35 AM

Hi! I'm new here but just wanted to post a photo of a kaleidoscope baby quilt I did last summer.

Attached Thumbnails attachment-24466.jpe  
Old 05-06-2009, 10:48 AM

Hello, KSQuilter! Introduce yourself and join the fun! :lol:
Old 05-06-2009, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Angie
Your block is great and I absolutely LOVE the fabric. Birdhouses are my thing! I painted a birdhouse wall mural in my kitchen. I had birdhouses of all shapes and sizes hanging in the house and on the porch but haven't put them back since I took them down to decorate at Christmas. I also have a birhouse wall hanging to do called Sunflower Cafe' and joined a BOM - Birdhouse Village. So..... that being said.... can you tell me where you got your fabric..... the manufacturer....... and the name?
Angie

Sorry I have no idea whose fabric it was & I don't even have a scrap of it left to look at for you, however I do know of a small shop here on the other side of town who suppy it. I will call them tomorrow for you & find out. I think they will post it over to you wherever you are ?
I'll be in touch.
I love birdhouse themes also - we have something in common LOL.

Tisha
Old 05-06-2009, 12:51 PM

Kaye Wood has a video on her site for making a Kaleidscope quilt block using one of her star maker rulers. To see it go to www.kayewoodtv.com and scroll the menu for it.
Carolyn