Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Kona cotton solids price increase too... >

Kona cotton solids price increase too...

Kona cotton solids price increase too...

Old 12-14-2010, 02:52 PM

Thanks for letting us know. I use Kona in pretty much every quilt I make. I'd love to get some on sale at Hancock's, but our Hancock's sold a whole bunch of it on sale a month or so ago & they never really restocked it. Off to shop online I guess.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:41 AM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

Originally Posted by gale
At the Joann's around here the Kona brand cotton has always been $4.99 a yard normally. The Joann's brand (whatever brand that is) was always $3.99. Did they raise the Joann's brand to $4.99 already?
For a long while already, the Buffalo NY area JoAnns have had the Kona cotton solids at $5.99, the Quilters Only Solids by Springs at $4.99, and their "house brand" at $4.99 / yard.

Just my 2 cents... I would not recommend the Quilters Only Solids. They frequently have little pale spots on them. It's caused by the manufacturing process; they don't remove all the fuzz and lint before dying it, so the dye does not penetrate fully under the fuzzballs. When you brush off the fuzzballs, you find the pale spots. Also, I've never been able to find unblemished white in this line.

Never a problem with quality in the Kona cottons, though.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:38 PM

Maybe it's $5.99 here then. I can't remember for sure-it's been a while. I'm hoping I can get to a big Joann's before the year ends. Ours only has a few colors and I have a lot of yardage of the ones there that I like.