Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Label for baby quilt >

Label for baby quilt

Label for baby quilt

Old 07-11-2021, 10:07 AM

Default Label for baby quilt

I have made a quilt to give at a baby shower but I am in a quandary about what to put on the label. The parents have not decided yet or are not telling anyone what name they have chosen for the baby girl. I usually write the baby’s name on the label as well as my name as the maker and giver. Have any of you had this dilemma and what info did you put on the label?
Old 07-11-2021, 11:12 AM

If their last name was Jones, I just put Welcome Baby Jones on it, it covers girl or boy. And then my info as the maker and the month/year date
Old 07-11-2021, 11:55 AM

Sometimes modern relationships are even more confusing with different last names and such.

I'll usually scoot out of it with no label, but something like "Welcome to the World! This quilt was made with love and anticipation in 2021 by (your info)".
Old 07-11-2021, 12:06 PM

I will put my name and the date of course. Then I add a little saying "every stitch a prayer" and leave a blank line to put the baby's name on.
Old 07-11-2021, 12:10 PM
Power Poster

I guess it may depend on how well you know the people receiving it. You could write the whole label and leave a spot for the name and then fill it in when she's born. But that would probably have to be someone more than a casual acquaintance.
I have a new grandson coming and we won't know the name until he's born so that's what I'm doing.
Old 07-12-2021, 01:30 AM

Default Simple poem for baby quilt label

Here is a cute baby poem for a baby quilt label.
Attached Thumbnails img_7995.jpg  
Old 07-12-2021, 06:07 AM

I don’t usually add the baby’s name. I just put something like Sweet Dreams, then my name, etc.
Old 07-14-2021, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by copycat View Post
Here is a cute baby poem for a baby quilt label.
Oh that is too cute! Might have to do that one!
Old 07-15-2021, 03:49 AM

I take the finished quilt, and I do mean totally finished to the shower if there is one and then take it back home with me. Yup lots of laughs and giggles but immediately after the birth and name are announced I write it on the label and get it to the family. No shower? I have snapped a photo and sent that to them. I prefer the child's name on the quilt, just my preference. I did do the baby and family last name on one so they could have it early but it is less personal and if there are several children, I want each to know there quilt was made for them in mind. I can be pretty laid back most of the time, but I am a fuss about names on labels. Some good idea posted so options are out there for all to choose from.
Old 07-15-2021, 04:39 AM

Thank you all for the suggestions. The quilt is completely finished with blank label sewn to the back. It is a good-sized label with plenty of room to put poem (possibly) along with info on maker, date, recipient, etc. The family lives 4.5 hours away from me so I have decided to leave a blank area for mom to write in baby’s first name after the birth. I could try to wheedle the name out of the mom before the shower and write it on myself but I don’t want to run the risk of someone seeing it at the shower. That is if they have finally decided on a name yet. LOL. Will try to attach a picture here.
Attached Thumbnails 2bb9f71a-38f6-437e-b648-b58111bad0f8.jpeg