Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Labor Day weekend quilting...what are you working on??? >

Labor Day weekend quilting...what are you working on???

Labor Day weekend quilting...what are you working on???

Old 09-05-2011, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by ube quilting
#2. My next UFO- Hunters Star. After starting it I thought there wasn't enough contrast between the colors so I put it aside. I still think so but it will be good practice for my next HS.

Love the Gecko quilt!
peace
LOVE your colors!
Old 09-05-2011, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn
I'm working on cleaning this disaster I call a sewing room! If I get it done, I have a list of things to do: Potholder, bind a wallhanging, try out my new twister tool!
This is what I'm doing too. We moved into a much smaller house and I've gone from 750 sq. ft. to 144 sq. ft. sewing room. And that makes organization a must and is almost overwhelming. Plus I accumulated a lot of fabric before I retired so that I would have it on hand after retirement. So this weekend I washing, drying, and folding boxes and boxes of fabric. Looks like it will take many days before this task is completed. Amid all of this clutter, I'll be starting my first quilt for my new g-granddaughter. But what am I really doing? I'm on QB :>)
Old 09-05-2011, 11:03 AM

I just recently finished up on the top of my NYB quilt and started my one block wonder quilt with cubes, also to break up the difficulty of cutting this project I'm working on a little quilt for my GD Taigen for her little baby doll :-D
Old 09-05-2011, 11:51 AM
Power Poster

I ironed about 10 yards of fabric to be used in quilt projects, however, I neglected to iron the backing fabric for two quilts I have completed that my daughter wants to give to friends at work that are having babies. They have to have airplanes in the fabric, because she works at Dulles Airport. She said she would pay me - I'll keep you posted on that one. I also sewed some 6" squares together for a Christmas tree skirt, found the squares from a previous guild fabric swap that I had completely forgotten about. It's amazing what surprises and prizes you can find when you re-organize your stash. lol.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:00 PM

I am working on piecing a patriotic quilt - have 7 blocks (12 1/2 inches each, completed 2 today - goal is 2 blocks a day) there are a total of 35 blocks. Also, hand quilting the "Grandmothers' Pillowcases" quilt - that one is a work in progress and I try to work at least 2 hours a day on that one. It will be done, sometime next year....sigh.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:13 PM

I made a pillow case to match a memory quilt I made for my step daughter from my DFIL's shirts using the backing, the border print, and a white on white "piping".I used the Missouri Star tute to make the case.

I also made a Christmas runner top and layered it along with layering another runner top I made.

Mostly trying to recover from surgery, but can't just sit and not sew so I worked slowly...LOL
Old 09-05-2011, 12:16 PM

I started a Christmas quilt. Not sure who will get it or when it will get finished. It is from a jelly roll of so called Christmas prints, but on ly one look Christmas to me. But I like it anyway. :o)
Old 09-05-2011, 12:17 PM
Power Poster

I finally finished cleaning my sewing room. All that was left was the table.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-252020.jpe  
Old 09-05-2011, 12:24 PM

I've enlarged the pattern for Night and Day to use as a focal point for my Night and Day quilt...and am working to get it cut out and sewb.....using WalMart fabrics to test it before doing the "real" one in batiks for the quilt.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:30 PM

Need to quilt and bind a fall table runner for a silent auction on Sat,
then make more quilt blocks for the LQS for QOV, then make more items for the St Jude Auction coming up...........tooo many projects NOT enough time :thumbup: :thumbup: