Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Lancaster Fabric Stores? >

Lancaster Fabric Stores?

Lancaster Fabric Stores?

Old 02-14-2014, 10:23 AM

Default Lancaster Fabric Stores?

Hi-

I am headed to Lancaster PA next weekend and was wondering if anyone can recommend some stores to visit?? I'm not looking for anything in particular, just some decent prices or things to see. Thanks, JC
Old 02-14-2014, 11:06 AM

There are so many. There is Zooks in Intercourse, Fabric Shack which is just up the street, Log Cabin Quilt shop in Bird in Hand and those are all on the same street. The Old Country store has closed so if you see any ads for them just forget it. The the is the Dutchland quilt shop on route 30 not far from the log cabin.
There is also Sauders in Denver and Burkholders not too far from Sauders. These are all fabric stores and have good prices compared to some other stores. I like the Log cabin and I understand that they are adding on so I have not been since they are doing construction. Hope you have a nice visit and don't get snowed out.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:22 AM

I agree with Zooks and Fabric Shack. Not familiar with Log Cabin Quilt Shop or Dutchland. Personally, I did not find Sauders and Burkholders worth the trip that far off the beaten path. Sauders and Zooks are the same owners. There is another place, I think it's Farm & Family Quilts, not too far away. I think they may be relatively new. Not an extensive selection of fabrics, but different and nice ones. I'm hate the fact that Old Country is closed. That was one of the best, in my opinion. Fabric Shack has lots of wonderful, high quality flannels - a whole room full - among the other nice fabrics they have. As well as the notions downstairs. If you get one of the little yellow, fold out maps/shopping lists, all the stores are listed on there along with locations. You can pick that up in just about any place you stop in the area. Have fun.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:59 PM
yel

i am going to recommend a snow shovel factory ......
Old 02-14-2014, 03:58 PM

I love Weavers in Lititz
Old 02-14-2014, 04:57 PM

Enjoy and be careful. there's a lot more snow on that side of the state than the western part. Buy Lots of fabrics and post pics of what you got!!
Old 02-14-2014, 05:16 PM
ro
Banned

the very best place is martin's in lebanon. 3.79 flat fold and there are tables of them. nice fabric not junky. on the way down there is burkholders, sauders (dont care for). around this time its time for lunch. so you go to shady maple for lunch. somewhere around $11-$12 senior citizen. after lunch in the same complex is good's store. $-2-$3 flat fold. fabric not so great. good for aprons. place mats. something you're not putting alot of time into. up and down old philadelphia pike is good shopping. as well as zooks, which is good, dutchland up stairs is good. dont care for farm & family. not worth the time. hope you have a great time. let us know how the snow is. i'm goin in march for the quilt show (hopefully). any other questiions, just let us know.